The pickup is going to give you trouble...

...with its sound.

EMG HZs don't sound good at all, you'd be much better with a different pickup...

If you're set on the HZ, I don't think there will be a problem. I know there's a difference in size with the 7-string EMGs, but I think 6-string EMGs are the same size as other pickups.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
Last edited by no.mop at Jun 7, 2010,
S series guitars have VERY small control cavities, I don't think you could fit a battery in there for active pickups.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
I understand.

could you recommend me a good pickup? I'd love a passive set, I can't stand actives.

I want a punchy tone in the bridge for like a Megadeth Tone, but I want to have a good cleans sound, as well as sharp solo sound.

It's probably too much to ask for in a single set of HSH, but I looked into the Bareknuckle, and Dimarzio's also.

That choice in EMG was a little biased, since I checked out their Alexi sig video. And the solderless thing kind of caught my eye.
Quote by Kenji20022
I understand.

could you recommend me a good pickup? I'd love a passive set, I can't stand actives.

I want a punchy tone in the bridge for like a Megadeth Tone, but I want to have a good cleans sound, as well as sharp solo sound.

It's probably too much to ask for in a single set of HSH, but I looked into the Bareknuckle, and Dimarzio's also.

That choice in EMG was a little biased, since I checked out their Alexi sig video. And the solderless thing kind of caught my eye.

dimarzios is the way to go,

evolution (neck) on the neck

air norton single in the middle

tone zone on the bridge
Quote by ticklemeasian

tone zone on the bridge

Evolution in the neck sounds like a little much. I'd go for something with a much lower output.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
Evolution in the neck sounds like a little much. I'd go for something with a much lower output.

well the neck evolution is really good. unless he wants a air norton in the neck AND middle lol
Quote by ticklemeasian

tone zone on the bridge

OR

SD JB on the bridge

Hot rail in the middle

59 on the neck
I've got the SD JB and 59 combo going on in my Purple ESP LTD H-1001 already.

I want a different sound going on with the Ibanez.
I really like my d-activator set in my 7, tone zones are very good pickups from dimarzio aswell.
Quote by Kenji20022
I understand.

Dave Mustaine used a Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB in the bridge until recently. It's a fantastic pickup that's good for anything and everything. If your guitar has a tremolo get the TB version instead - same pickup, different pole spacing. Great cleans, great distortion. As for the neck, the standard pairing for the JB is with an SH-1 '59 model or an SH-2 jazz model. The '59 sounds a bit warmer IMO.

As for middle, I can't help you at all.

EDIT: OK, if you have the JB set then why not try something different? My personal preference is for a small company called IronGear. They're a low-cost high performance company that makes some really fantastic pickups. I have a Steam Hammer in the bridge of my guitar and I may get the neck version to complement it some day when I have money. That said if you want cleans I'd go for the hot slag (or get the steam hammer and turn the volume on your guitar down to about 6 or 7.) I can't comment on bareknuckles since the only times I've ever heard them in action have been on youtube, which doesn't count for much.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Last edited by FrustratedRocka at Jun 7, 2010,
Quote by ticklemeasian
well the neck evolution is really good. unless he wants a air norton in the neck AND middle lol

A great pickup for sure, it just sounds a little hot for what the TS is looking for
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join