Hey peeps,

basicly i have a ibanez rg350dx, and always had trouble with keeping it in tune, so ive been told i can lock the trem, which ive tryed to do but when i go to tune it to standard the trem sticks out ridiculously far. I replaced the original strings with some ernie ball regular slinkys and a mate said i prob need some more springs for it, now, i rang the guitar shop and they want 60 quid to lock it, put some springs on and string it, frankly i aint paying that. So if anybody could tell me what springs im gonna need for this ill be v thankful and any additional information would be good.

Ive got a few mates who know this and that with guitars so im gonna ask them to have a go before i throw money at it

cheers
You just need to adjust the trem correctly, screw in the springs in the back untill it sits level, tuning as you go. Once you have it set up you should´nt have any problems with the guitar. If you block it, do so that the trem sits level and it wont move at all after you are done.
offtopic : I'm getting that guitar in 2 weeks. Could you tell me abit about it? It looks awesome

ontopic : Cant you just block the trem using a spoon, then tune it, then use the locking nuts and remove the spoon? My friend, who's a pretty good guitarist, tells me thats the way he does it.
Quote by cheesefrog
offtopic : I'm getting that guitar in 2 weeks. Could you tell me abit about it? It looks awesome

ontopic : Cant you just block the trem using a spoon, then tune it, then use the locking nuts and remove the spoon? My friend, who's a pretty good guitarist, tells me thats the way he does it.

That will not work (The Spoon ), once the trem is set CORRECT then you can lock the strings down and it´ll stay in tune, but if you block it then it´s just like a fixed bridge which defeats the purpose of having a guitar with a trem.