I mistakenly, AGAIN named my recently submitted tab - and I'm hoping a mod could come to help clear the air a bit here...

I was wondering if any1 else was having a problem of updating the artists/title name of your tab through the u! (update) feature in your contributions page.

The particular tab in question is...
Artist: Daisuke Ishiwatari
Song: The Road To Hope - Staff Roll A

Because the artist himself has composed music for several different works, I had begun using the naming convention of including the game name in which the ost was relative too. Which helps organize the tab listings to be frank. (I've done this with my two prior BlazBlue tabs)

I would like to change the song name instead, to "BlazBlue - The Road to Hope"
yet I'm unable to do so in the u! feature. The title or artist listbox isn't greyed out or anything, it just simply doesn't accept my keystrokes...?
Post a link to your tab and mention the correct name and we'll fix it.
Quote by zappp
emad I'm gonna ban you, seriously.
Quote by emad
^Fixed.

Errr, btw you uploaded it to the wrong artist :P

The tab was placed in Misc Comp Games, however the artist is "Daisuke Ishiwatari"
(which was where it was located before)

I think I'm having deja vu

actually now ALL of my tabs are being shown under Misc Comp Games??? They are all by the same artist, how come the composer name is no longer available? Or rather how come they've been moved?

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_computer_games/blazblue_-_gale_bangs_theme_tab.htm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_computer_games/blazblue_-_lust_sin_tab.htm

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/m/misc_computer_games/blazblue_-_the_road_to_hope_tab.htm
Including the other forty tabs from other various games and soundtracks he's composed, yet I still cannot see why that is - considering he's a legitimate composer?

I mean I can't imagine Joe Walsh's solo work being placed under a "Various Rock Artists" section XD (I kid, but seriously? >_<

May I request they be placed back under the artist name "Daisuke Ishiwatari" for the sake of consistency and accessibility for users that may search for this artist's name?
Last edited by Night at Jun 8, 2010,
Tabs admins won't do that.
We've started to organize the archive.
He is best known for creating the 2D fighting game series, Guilty Gear

We don't add him as a new band.
Quote by zappp
Quote by emad
Tabs admins won't do that.
We've started to organize the archive.

We don't add him as a new band.

I fail to understand this, as he's already added as a band/artist ON this website.

Not to mention pooling together all tabs of this nature would somewhat defeat the purpose of organizing an archive I would think?
Well, he's a single composer, so he's like a solo artist, right? Ain't most writers of music for video games solo artists, or a separate band? Like, the Mario theme song would be a video game song, since it's not done with actual instruments and it's kinda a generically known game song.

Maybe it can be moved to like a solo artist section or something, but I don't think it should go in the video games song section.

Just my 2 cents.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Well, he's a single composer, so he's like a solo artist, right? Ain't most writers of music for video games solo artists, or a separate band? Like, the Mario theme song would be a video game song, since it's not done with actual instruments and it's kinda a generically known game song.

Maybe it can be moved to like a solo artist section or something, but I don't think it should go in the video games song section.

Just my 2 cents.

You could go so far as to saying Maurice Ravel, or Rachmaninov forced to not having their own "band" sections either, instead just lumping them all up together Beethoven and every other classical composer into just one lumped "classical" section -_-
if it's gonna be put under misc. comp games, might as well not put it under anything. that doesn't help anyone who's searching for it.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by ethan_hanus
Well, he's a single composer,

So he's not player.

And TS,
It makes no difference for you if he's stored in misc comp game. everyone can find your tab using search bar.

Case closed.
Quote by zappp