Hello everyone!

I'm recording a new metal song again, finally found time yay.
Well anyway with this post I've included a sample, drums+guitar.

I think the guitars lacks a bit of clarity though, doesn't it? Sounds rather bassy or something to me, could just be my speakers though...

Any tips on mixing this better?

Note: there's no bass guitar yet, just guitar+drums. Guitars are doubletracked and hardpanned though.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MC2BQU46

If anyone doesn't trust megaupload, I can put it on my profile as well later today.
It actually sounds pretty good. The drum and guitar parts compliment each other well throughout the phrases; neither part is overwhelming. The one suggestion I would make is to completely change the measure at 0:34. It's extremely unfitting and just sounds odd considering the genre of the song. Other than that, I like it; I look forward to hearing the final product.
Hahaha yeah that was a completely random thing. XD

I don't know, the guitars seems so bassy... Not?

I think I might do a retake for this little piece with a little less bass on the guitars and then add some real bass in, see how it goes!
The guitar part did have a heavy sound to it, but not so much that it made it seem like it was taking the bass' part. Plus, it's not necessarily bad that the guitar part has a heavy sound to it, you just have to make sure the bass part fits in with it if you're going to approach the guitar part like that.
Last edited by Meticulous at Jun 7, 2010,
Well, if you are using a live guitar, just drop some of the bass/low frequencies. Any EQ on the recording software you are using works well too. Also, Mic position, if live, also does that. Closer is louder and a bit muddier. Further away picks up more sounds and much quieter. You could play around with that too.
Gear:
ZT Lunchbox Amp
Schecter C-1+ Diamond Series
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Digitech Whammy
EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
EHX Pocket Metal Muff
EHX Small Stone
EHX Memory Toy
EHX Holy Grail
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station