Hi im looking into getting a new guitar and this time wanna get a set neck for the tone and for being able to tune differently.

What good set neck guitars are out there? I play metal, rock, prog, jazz and blues as well as some clean stuff so i need a guitar that can handle that. I wanna try to avoid les pauls but any other guitar seems interesting.

My price range is somewhere between 1500- 2000 dollars

got any ideas?
Whats stopping you from tuning the way you want now?
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
So are you looking for a solid body or semi hollow? Also the Electric Guitar forum will be better at answering this question.
Schecter C-1 Classic . . . .
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
PRS guitars
Gibsons
ESPs

There are many.

Just go to a store and look around, if you spend that much on a guitar you should be able to know what you want.

But before you buy a new guitar, the obligatory "What's your amp?" - question.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
get a guitar used on craigslist.

for that money you can get both a nice american tele and a nice gibson sg standard and be able to nail the full spectrum of sounds...you may even have $ left over to snag a cheap hollowbody and then really have all the sounds

or get a used prs