What prevented me from buying my last amp which may have ended up being a Vox was that there was no "mid" control, and I've browsed through several Vox amps and it seems to be pretty common that they all don't have a "mid" control, I was wondering how everyone dealt with the lack of tone range without that control... it seems pretty important to me. Reason I'm asking is that I've heard nothing but good things about Vox but it seems odd how the amps lack a core control for shaping tone. Thanks
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
The bass and treble controls have such a large range that all the bases are covered. RIP Gary "hay high" Coleman
Our lord David Cameron in heaven

papa oom mow mow

Quote by captaincrunk
I love sex toys. I don't really care what the shape is. It can be a rabbit, a fat man, Jesus, whatever

1960 Gibson les paul - Klon centaur - 60s marshall plexi/mesa boogie dual rec
My Bassman doesn't have a mid control and it sounds just fine. If you're seriously that worried about it then you could always grab an EQ pedal to through in the mix.
The Vox tonestack is interactive, such that adding treble or bass reduces midrange, and reducing them increases the apparent midrange. It's a little trickier to figure out than the fixed-eq layout with a fender or marshall EQ, but it's actually more versatile once you've got the idea, at least in my experience.
Quote by Roc8995
The Vox tonestack is interactive, such that adding treble or bass reduces midrange, and reducing them increases the apparent midrange. It's a little trickier to figure out than the fixed-eq layout with a fender or marshall EQ, but it's actually more versatile once you've got the idea, at least in my experience.

Yeah something like that, I was wondering like what if you did want to boost the midrange.
G&L ASAT Semi-Hollow
Ibanez SR305 DX
Washbrun XB100 (modified)
Ibanez SW35

Fender Telecaster (MIM)
Orange Crush 15R

Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
I know how you feel, Mids are incredibly important to me, I boost them through the roof.
Get the thickest sound possible.

Never used a vox though, so can't add anything real to the conversation.
a tone stack is always going to be interactive to some degree. There's a really good article about it somewhere. Most mid knobs actually only lower the amount of perceived bass and treble in other parts of the circuit.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Bump up volume and cut the bass/treble. Now you have your boosted mids.