Alright, so I got 700 bucks in graduation money, and I do want a laptop, but I also want a longboard, and I know a decent longboard goes for about 200 bucks, but the thing is I could get a really sweet laptop if I just spent all 700 on the laptop, or an okay if split the money, what should I do?
Last edited by daeqwon10000 at Jun 7, 2010,
Define:Longboard...
Our lord David Cameron in heaven

papa oom mow mow

Quote by captaincrunk
I love sex toys. I don't really care what the shape is. It can be a rabbit, a fat man, Jesus, whatever

1960 Gibson les paul - Klon centaur - 60s marshall plexi/mesa boogie dual rec
Depends on what you'll be using it for. You'll run documents and internet fine on a netbook or a cheap notebook, but if you're wanting to play some games or do more heavy media editing, you'll need to spend more.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Save up for a Mac.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by fearofthemark
Save up for a Mac.

This.

Plus longboards are a lame fad. Suddenly all the little teenagers have one.
MATTERHORN
This will turn into a Mac vs. PC thread... I can see it.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

you won't get much of a laptop for 200US. Spend 500 minimum on the laptop unless you want a piece of junk that will break and fall apart.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Go for an Acer. Acer laptops are very good, especially good value for money. About $500, possibly less (I'm British so this is a bit of an estimate), could get you a very nice laptop.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Quote by daeqwon10000
Alright, so I got 700 bucks in graduation money, and I do want a laptop, but I also want a longboard, and I know a decent laptop goes for about 200 bucks, but the thing is I could get a really sweet laptop if I just spent all 700 on the laptop, or an okay if split the money, what should I do?

Not really... you're looking at least 4-500.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Go and buy a new guitar. It doesn't matter if you already bought on recently, you can never have enough new gear.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
I'm actually in the same situation over here, just finished school and a laptop is a must for college... 500 euros are provided to me by the college and I can add some money myself, though I have to choose between specific laptops which limits my choices.

Since you don't want to own an omg-wtf-bbq-power-house I would suggest, that you just save some more money and with 1k buy a decent laptop that will last. Spending a lot of money on pc's, cellphones, guitar gear and generally long-term products, is usualy the best decission. I've lost a lot of time and money buying shitty guitar and computer equipment, just because I was too lazy to just work another month and buy something decent...
A laptop for 200? i dunno your definition of a laptop but i guess if all you need is something to surf the web, then, yea, you could probably find a netbook or one of those little Asus Eee-pc's for about 200-300.
But lets just make it clear, all those things can do is web surfing and a bit of word processing. You would need the whole 700 for something ok. Not great, just ok.
Gear:
Jackson Dinky DK2L
Epiphone LP Standard
Yamaha Acoustic
Bugera 1990 w/ Peavey 2x12 cab
i ment 200 for the longboard >.< hahaha

and I've been skating since I was around 14, so this isn't some fad I want to jump in on, I've always wanted one.
Last edited by daeqwon10000 at Jun 7, 2010,