I have a Question, for a very long time I just been playing scales in the sweeping position which starts on the root note and ends on the 4th degree ,but then i went to GOSK (I've been using the grimoire since i started learning scales which has been maybe 6 months) but i saw that the root note is sometimes the 4th note to be played or different like this (Invalid img) Im referring to the 5th position. MY QUESTION is wouldnt playing at the start change the sound of the scale like that melodic minor the 5th position the 4th degree is the root but wouldnt ,if you played from the start, it sound like a harmonic major scale.
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
i just dont like what fender did with jackson all the good artists quit and they just dont seem to be the right company to manage such a metal brand
Zune Tag: Metal4life 1976
PlayStation Network: Koltzow

Quote by Bearded_Seth
At least you know you're attractive..

Quote by TheAbsentOne
I'd smack his ass too.
Ahhh, okay.

Back on topic: Hmmm this is odd. I've never seen the root note change in a scale (B is never the root of C major) but maybe I'm just not that advanced yet. It seems as if it would change the whole scale entirely if you were to change the root.

Let me try to break this down: when you play scales you sweep them to the fourth degree? so you would go 1 2 3 4? or 1 2 4?

Whats confusing me is why you would want to do that.

Why not learn the entire scale? Then from there you can create your own sweep arpeggios with 7 options.
What's "the sweeping position"?

Anyway, you don't have to start on the root note of a scale- as in it doesn't always have to be the first note. That's a common source of confusion I think.