Hello!

I have just bought a Bugera 6262-212 and a Maxon od808 and I really like my new rig exept for one thing - FEEDBACK. I do get some noise aswell, but the biggest issue is definitly the enormous feedback I get. I play metalcore/technical death metal so I need to have the gain somewhat high, 6.5-7, which gives me the feedback.

So here's the deal, I'm ordering a noise gate to eliminate the feedback in first hand, and some of the "gain-noise" that comes with high gain.

Which one should I get? Thinking about these ones:

Boss NS-2 - Cheap, easy to get for me (my local store has it). Will it cut my tone a lot?

The Decimator - More expensive, I have to order it (shipping fees). Is it really that much better?

Thanks a lot again UG!
the ns-2 is allright and when you hook it up in the x formation it can be pretty good, the decimator is liked as it is sligthly simpler
the ns-2 cuts tone like a bitch the isp decimator is 100X beter than it in my opinion and i own an ns 2 but always use my friends isp for shows cus its so much better but get the gstring desimator if u get one
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
I can definitly not get a gstring, my max budget is what the Decimator costs, pretty much...
depends what you need it for i find the ns-2 is good in front of an amp and the decimator is better in front and rear, but if you just need one in front then ns-2 is ok
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
i also have a maxon od 808 boosting my amp (engl fireball) and the ns-2 cuts out all the unwanted noise. i have never tired the isp decimator so i can not tell you if it is any better. i was able to get the ns-2 for $50 used so no complaints here.
I've owned both...if you've got a noisy amp and a noisy signal path, I recommend the NS2. You can run it in the X pattern to quiet your rig. If you buy the plain Decimator...you can only run it in one place (either effects loop, or in your signal path). But if you've got the money...the g-string or rack version of the ISP is amazing. But the NS2 isn't terrible. I got mine for under $50.
I'm also looking at this with the same amp cept 4x12 + head version, Does the NS2 kill tone? or take anything away? that's the main reason i'm leaning towards the ISP, The NS2 is around $100-120 AUD, where as the ISP is around $170 from the US inc express shipping

How about running it, I don't have an effects look all i have is a wah pedal, so i was thinking put it at the end of the wah pedal so

Guitar > wah > ISP > Amp.

Sorry for hijacking the thread but hopefully the OP has the same question as me
^The NS2 isn't as transparent as the ISP...but really, it's not that big of a deal. I bet there is something else in your rig that eats just as much of your tone (...your wah if its not true bypass )...anyway, you can run it in either place. I used my ISP out front when I was gigging with my v18.
The Decimator is as good as it gets for noise gate pedals. I got one brand new on craigslist in my area for $70.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
I got a G string Decimator for my Bugera 6262, and it makes it COMPLETELY silent. Totally worth the extra cash.
Quote by CerebralEdge
I got a G string Decimator for my Bugera 6262, and it makes it COMPLETELY silent. Totally worth the extra cash.

For what it's worth, I A/B'd both the G string Decimator and the regular decimator and the difference really wasn't huge. So IMO I wouldn't recommend shelling out the extra dough for the G string version. YMMV
My bandmate has the ISP, it works pretty well. I don't need one because I have a mutey fret hand?

I have always wanted to try one of those rackmount Hush systems, when I get to noise suppression.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
i have the decimator and it keep my setup quiet...
My Gear
Schecter Omen 6
Gibson Les Paul Studio Silverburst
Peavey Classic 50 Combo amp
Korg Pedal Tuner
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
MxR Fullbore Metal
Vox Time Machine
ISP Decimator
Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
My bandmate has the ISP, it works pretty well. I don't need one because I have a mutey fret hand?

I have always wanted to try one of those rackmount Hush systems, when I get to noise suppression.

It has nothing to do with your muting skills. Super high gain amps often emit excess noise that's still occuring when you don't even have your guitar's volume up. The Decimator well...for lack of a better word, "decimates" that.