I m going to begin a guitar course. i have never played a guitar or another instrument .
i love listening to megadeth, metallica, annihilator, over kill. as you understand i like listening thrash. and now i want play thrash songs. i have read a lot of forum topics, comments. have watched a lot of things. and the result:

Ibanez RGR321EX, ART120
Cort KX1Q, EVL-Z4, X CUS. HT

i cant choose one of these. i have read positive comment about all of this. but i dont know which is the best for me to play thrash.
i m going to buy an ibanez tbx15r or tbx30r. and i m goint buy boss md-2 or mt-2

art120 and evl z4 are les paul. are les paul's weights problem for beginner?

i will modify the guitar which i will have, one or two years later (active emg). which are able to it?

cheers
Last edited by Mr.M at Jun 8, 2010,
im a little biased, but go for the RGR321EX if ur playing thrash but still want versatility. Mine was set up absolutely perfect, and the pickups are great for stock pickups, but i can see myself changing them in the next couple of months. Wish i started out on one instead of getting a crappy cheap thing
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
don't get the ibanez amp, and don't get the boss pedal, but the two budgets together and get a better amp, that would sound better and help you more

a modeling amp could do you some good if you've never played, you'd be able to learn about effects and amps and everything by playing it, something like a roland cube, a peavey vypyr or something like that. people tend to praise the peavey vypyr here, i like the vox valvetronix better, but either way, ibanez doesn't make really good amps.
on second thoughts, get the RGR321EX/ Roland Microcube combo that i have. The Microcube is a great beginner amp, cause it has all of the effects that u'd need to get started, but u will want to upgrade it eventually. I kinda wish i got myself a 15X for the same price and got a really good multi-effects pedal, but i didnt have the money for it (but i do nw ).

The microcube effects, while being a brilliant amp, doesn't have the versatility that effects pedals have. You can't preset/save any effects so you have to manually switch. Its not bad for you if u plan on playing mainly thrash, but i play more experimental/progressive stuff, so i kinda shot myself in the foot with that one

But the RGR321EX is a great beginner to intermediate guitar. Definately my best purchase in regards to guitar gear
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
whilst i`m not knowledgable on the cort product line from the 2 ibanezs you mention just in terms of body shape and upper fret access then the rg is the way to go, the only true way for you to find out though is to try them yourself.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Jun 7, 2010,
i almost bought rgr321ex but i saw art120 and it looks very very well and it has active pickups. and i looked corts: waov custom ht has expensive pickups of saymour duncan. i like it. and i ask:
why should i buy rgr321ex. why should not i buy a x custom ht or art120.

i decide not to buy tbx. i will buy roland cube 15x or 20x. but i dont know how the rolands' sound may be with boss pedal
RGR has a reversed headstock. My Weathered Black RG321MH is awesome! I didn't choose ART120/320 because of 22Frets and Set-tru neck.
Ibanez RG321MH
TASCAM 144
Guitar RIG 4
thx hunter and ibanezgod. i will try them one by one. but rgr321ex keeps one step ahead of the others. if there is somebody else has idea, im here
Ibanez RGR321EX
Laney LX35R
???
Last edited by Mr.M at Jun 7, 2010,
Id go with one of the Cort's, had only great experiences with them. Also, the weight wont be bad because the LP style Corts are thin, so no weight issure there.
"Guitar is tactile, It's about how you play it"
- Joe Bonamassa

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Vypyr-15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=482908

peavey vypyrs are your friend. just trust me. there's a reason why 90 percent of metal heads recommend them to beginners on this forum. a lot of customizable and savable sounds at a rock bottom price.

the ibby rga32 is a solid choice for your playing style, but you may also want to check out shecter c-1's and ltd 400 series guitars.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
evmac,
no one sells peavey in turkey. and i cant buy on internet.
my budget isnt big enough to buy rga32,c-1,ltd 400series

but thanks brotha
Ibanez RGR321EX
Laney LX35R
???
i would recommend the rgr32ex and the Roland 15-20watt forsure then. not the best modeling amp but not bad either.
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Quote by evmac
i would recommend the rgr32ex and the Roland 15-20watt forsure then. not the best modeling amp but not bad either.

Roland Cube 30x can be a much better choice if you can afford it, and you should be able to find it easily in turkey ... I live in syria and they've got cubes here.
yes, i can find 30x here easily. but it costs 400$, and it's too expensive to buy for me. my budget for amp. is max 300$
Ibanez RGR321EX
Laney LX35R
???
I would also go for the RG321. It's a really good guitar for the price, and even better if you change the pickups.

As for the amp, I'd go for a practice amp with good cleans (Crate for instance) and some manner of effects processor. I had a Pocket Pod for example, it's cheap and you can get some really good sounds out of it.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mr.M
yes, i can find 30x here easily. but it costs 400$, and it's too expensive to buy for me. my budget for amp. is max 300$

400$!!! they're 250-300$ in syria and I believe our sellers get them from turkey

try asking about Vox Valvetronix, or go for a cube 20x.