*a tube-y combo amp?*
I have been looking for a second amp for a little while now, I have been playing for a while now, and want to put more time (and money) into guitar.
-Gear: I have a small 15W peavey but it just hasnt felt like it was enough since i got myself a Boss ME-50 and an Epiphone Les Paul, I also have a yamaha pacifica.

-My budget is anywhere between £150-250. Wouldnt want to push it too much..
-I live near a decent music store where I could try any suggested amps.
-Genre wise, I play anything from light blues to thrash/heavy metal. I need to be able to get that gnr 'appetite' sound.
-I need an amp which would be able to support metal, I dont need the effects due to my ME-50, so I'm not looking for something with a lot of built in effects.

It will be mainly for home use, but jamming with my guitar playing flatmate and our drummer friend could lead to more public playing in the future.

Ive tested some Marshall MG amps, and didnt like them, however the 30DFX model had a great sound to it. However this may just be in comparison to the Peavey solo I own.

Other amps I have looked at include:
Laneys; lx 65r, lv100.. the lv200 had better reviews but the price is pushing it.
Had a look at the Peavey vypyr but it seems like it has just been riddled with effects, and like I said, I have a pretty nice unit.
am yet to try these however.

Ultimately I would love a tube amp, but dont plan on spending too much on new gear untill I have finished Uni. In the future I will purchase an RG ibanez..or maybe a nice schecter? so the amp would need to last.

I would love feedback (from you, not the amp), and am sorry for the wall of text =]
Thanks.
Quote by Karma Colossus
1. £150-250
2. so the amp would need to last.

These two criteria will be very difficult to fulfill. If you're not willing to spend enough money to get yourself out of practice amp range then its not worth buying anything, IMO. Also that 30 watt MG will not keep up with drums... I used to have one.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by elleild
Save until you got atleast 400-450£, thats my advice

+1
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Try and find a little, used valve amp. It will be better with your effects pedal than any SS.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by elleild
Save until you got atleast 400-450£, thats my advice

and what kind of amps should I look for within that price range?
Quote by Lurcher
Try and find a little, used valve amp. It will be better with your effects pedal than any SS.

But any of the ones in his price range will be 15 watts max, and will not keep up with drums, which he says is a requirement.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
These two criteria will be very difficult to fulfill. If you're not willing to spend enough money to get yourself out of practice amp range then its not worth buying anything, IMO.

I agree, you'll never be satisfied if you just buy something for the sake of it because that's all the money that you had at that particular time, save up for what you REALLY want.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.