Page 1 of 2
Im sure that all of you know what i mean when i saw whats THAT song, everyone has a song that will haunt them or the rest of their lives, the one that gives you goosebumps or just makes you very nostalgic of a better time.

Mine are:
Ever fallen in love - the buzzcocks - because every person can relate to that
Black and white towns - Doves
Not nineteen forever - the courteeners Winter 2008- Late summer 2009 were the best years of my life, i dont think any years will come close, i really hope they do

Yours? and reasons why?
Quote by mikeyknowsbette
Winter 2008- Late summer 2009 were the best years of my life

That's not a year, let alone whole years.
FEED ME MATHCORE

Quote by sashki

I also speak German, except no-one gives a shit.

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE, AWAKE WHEN THE SUN HITS THE SKY
Everlong - Foo Fighters because it was by far the most overwhelming feeling of togetherness I have ever felt, one of the best songs I've seen performed - here's a clip from the gig http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZG3Z3cS__U
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Estranged - Guns N' Roses
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
If I find a song that I really like, I listen to it until It looses all value and I get sick of it.
It's a curse if I'm totally honest.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Dudeman5000
That's not a year, let alone whole years.

please learn to count.

lets say TS means january 08 to the end of august 09. that's 20 months, way over a year.

OT: Elbow - One Day Like This
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Last edited by the bartender at Jun 7, 2010,
Brighter, Emergency, When It Rains by Paramore.

Probably Brighter outta the three
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I started typing mine out, but after about listing 7 songs, I decided to say "The entire Smashing Pumpkins discography" because every song I listed was one a song by them.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
Not wanting to be the cliche Metallica fanboy, but Nothing Else Matters and Fade to Black

Edit: Oh, and Comfortably Numb - Pink Flyod
Quote by genghisgandhi
Your mom had a botched abortion, and you were the result.

Need a laugh?
Quote by MetaIronForce

._______________
||
|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|'|
|__LOLOMETER__|

That deserved a lolmeter

Last edited by Fadetoblack5:03 at Jun 7, 2010,
The Last rose of Summer - Judas Priest
Prisoner of your eyes - Judas Priest

lets just say when I decide to walk down memory lane I crank old school priest
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
Quote by Sherlock_Bones
All these Things That I've Done - The Killers. Reminds me of the ignorance of youth: a better time.

I was going to say something very similar to this.

So, this.
Time keeps on slipping...

Quote by skaterskagg1
AtomicPunk7 is uncreative.
I have a sad nostalgia story that goes with a great song that I now hate forever.

Drops of Jupiter.

It was a 5th grade dance and there was this girl I had had a crush on allllll year long. It was a Christmas dance too so everyone was a little bit more dressed up (from the parents). As a joke when my dad dropped me off, he said no slow dancing with girls, and I took him seriously. Drops of Jupiter came on and for once out of all those dances, she was alone and I was right next to her but I couldn't ask her....she eventually asked me, and I had to say no. Then my friend Scott asked, and they danced and started going out.

Mine is actually a song called Find an Easy Way to Live, but my math teacher's friend, who is an older fellow wrote it. It just gave me goosebumps and a tear to my eye when he played it on guitar and sang it to the class the last day of school. It was about an old man who never went to college and never had an easy life, or any money. Very sad. I guess you don't have to be a big famous musician to write such an emotional and powerful song.
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Bedshaped - Keane. Sends me shivers every single time, only song where I've even come close to feeling like I could shed a tear.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
OMC - How Bizarre
TaTu - 30 seconds
Eiffel 65 - Blue
Gypsy Kings - Bamboleo
A Ha - Take on me

weird, none of those songs are even remotely related to guitar

well, rock guitar anyways.
Smother me - The Used
We are the diamonds that choose to stay coal;
A generation born to witness
The end of the world

total desaster - Destruction

im a christian but the lyrics are in my head and i cant resist singing along:
"never trust the virgin preacher...
never believe in Jesus Christ...
cuz satan is my teacher..."
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by osXtiger
If I find a song that I really like, I listen to it until It looses all value and I get sick of it.
It's a curse if I'm totally honest.

Sadly, this. You're like wow, this song is amazing *10 plays later* wow, this song is pretty good *10 plays later* meh.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

Seek and Destroy by 'Tallica (I know it's not a deep song but it's easily the most effective song ever for me.)
More than a Feeling by Boston, idk why but that song just makes me feel incredibly serene
Bad Religion by Godsmack, it's got a connection to something for me that's better left unsaid
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
Well there's a bunch...

Lithium - Nirvana
Something In The Way - Nirvana
Walking After You - Foo Fighters
She - Green Day
One - Filter
Screaming Infidelities - Dashboard Confessional
Push - Matchbox 20
Stellar - Incubus
By The Way - RHCP
Tearing Away - Drowning Pool
Blurry - Puddle of Mudd
Bombs Over Baghdad - Outkast
Ms. Jackson - Outkast
Well, you can't be a pimp and a prostitute too.
Sorry Your Not a Winner - Enter Shikari

A much easier time in my life, I miss being 16 =\
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Three Lions 98'

Every time I listen to it my body goes mad with goosebumps... and think it's the crowd noise that does it most of the time.

Oh and Would You...? by Touch and Go. Such a class song and has one of the best hooks ever!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Patience - Guns 'N Roses

I rewrote the lyrics once for a girl I really liked. When I hear the original song I still hear those lyrics
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Quote by AtomicPunk7
I was going to say something very similar to this.

So, this.

I was gonna go for Read My Mind. For some reason that chorus socks me in the tear ducts every time. I once had to sing it onstage and it was... difficult.
Strange World by Iron Maiden. Just something about it that i can't put my finger on...
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Clint Eastwood - Gorillaz

Always fills me with a massive amount of nostalgia, I remember how massive that song was when it first came out, and it's a really catchy chorus. Couple of Robbie Williams songs do it for me aswell.

Couldn't really think of any that give me chills, though I remember the first time I heard 'Going To A Town' by Rufus Wainwright, and how transfixed I was, i'm always brought back to that when I hear the song.
Even though I've only heard it for the first time fairly recently (few months ago?) I know Demon Cleaner by Kyuss will always stick with me for some unknowable reason. There's just something about that riff that makes me feel uneasy everytime I listen to the song...

Others songs would be:
I Hope That I Don't Fall In Love With You- Tom Waits
Through Glass-Stone Sour

And then from my childhood:
Fat Lip-Sum 41
Blue-Eiffel 65
The Way I Am-Eminem
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Stop Crying Your Heart Out by Oasis - first song I performed on stage.
Make Love Like a Man by Def Leppard - when asked to sing my favourite song in nursery school (what us Brits call Kindergarten for the Yanks reading) I sang the pre-chorus and chorus. I just wish I could remember the look on the teachers face at a four year old singing a song about sex.
Don't Stop Me Now by Queen - seeing my very drunken maths teacher dancing and singing to it at my 6th form leaving do, and the entire maths class joining in with him doing the"we're hammered and have our arms round each others shoulders and are jumping up and down" dance.

and for stuff that will stick with me for a meaning rather than a memory
The Boy in the Picture by The Seahorses - always gets me thinking what a picture of my younger self would say if I asked what could he see
Lights by The Editors - "If fortune favours the brave, then I'm as poor as they come, I've got a million things to say, a million things to say" that line pretty much explains it.
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Thrice - Stare at the Sun because I felt that song for over a year.
The Used - I Caught Fire because a friend and I parodied that song to bitch about how hot it was during marching band for two years in high school

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 2