Hi, I've been searching like crazy to find out what this effect that Dean Fertita from the Dead Weather is using. you can hear it here on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3uDNDfHWMQ

The effect comes in on the "solo". It starts at 1:41

Can anyone tell me what he is using to get that effect? In a live video he is operating it by hand on top of his organ.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, its my first thread. I tried for hours to find out with the search bar and came up with nothing on this topic, again sorry if this gear/effect has been dealt with before.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
is it not just a bass wobble?
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
dude its an auto wah. no question about it.

when hes playing with it on top of the organ or w/e, he's turning the rate knob.
Yeah you can get that kind of noise without any FX, by playing the same note on two strings and bending one slightly out, with a lot of distortion.

It might not be that though, I'm sure there are a lot of different effects that could be used in order to make that happen, especially digital ones, don't KAOSS pads do things a bit like that?

Either way, +1 for liking The Dead Weather.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by FuzzLove
Yeah you can get that kind of noise without any FX, by playing the same note on two strings and bending one slightly out, with a lot of distortion.

It might not be that though, I'm sure there are a lot of different effects that could be used in order to make that happen, especially digital ones, don't KAOSS pads do things a bit like that?

Either way, +1 for liking The Dead Weather.

The Hierarchy of Jack White:

Raconteurs > White Stripes > Dead Weather

By the way the Kaoss pad is a legit idea, that thing can do literally anything.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Thanks for the responses all!

Never herd of that same note on 2 strings slight bend thing... something to look forward to trying tonight!!

I think its the wobbler I'm after...

To FuzzLove and Mcrackaddict... ++1 for being fellow Jacky White Fans!
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
studio magic

no i think it its a wah and he looped it and speeds it up
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"