They are a subsidiary of ESP, basically the Japanese line. They are basically the deluxe ltd line but with the classic shapes.
****ing awesome guitars, get one.
Quote by stephen_rettie
They are a subsidiary of ESP, basically the Japanese line. They are basically the deluxe ltd line but with the classic shapes.
****ing awesome guitars, get one.

I personally consider edwards better than LTD's (and I'm pretty sure that it is lol) and I'm sure that most people would agree with me
Quote by forsaknazrael
^I think he would agree, too. He said they're like Deluxe LTDs...meaning really good LTDs or better than standard LTDs.

no,what I said was that edwards are better than LTD deluxes..(IMO...what he said is that they are equal)

I cant be sure of that though,I'm comparing the LTD alexi Sig and the Edwards E-AL
although I'm not sure if they have subcategories like LTD standard and Deluxe,which are said to be different in quality and other aspects
Quote by archenemyfan
no,what I said was that edwards are better than LTD deluxes..(IMO...what he said is that they are equal)

I cant be sure of that though,I'm comparing the LTD alexi Sig and the Edwards E-AL
although I'm not sure if they have subcategories like LTD standard and Deluxe,which are said to be different in quality and other aspects

Jesus lol, yeah they are better but the LTD deluxes are damned nice and I figured it was a good comparison. Edwards is in between the LTD 1000s and the ESP standards tending more towards the ESPs.
Quote by stephen_rettie
Edwards is in between the LTD 1000s and the ESP standards tending more towards the ESPs.

spot on
Edwards are great guitars.
Their the Japanese equivalent to ESP
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Oh, I didn't know LTD has an actual Deluxe line, I was using Deluxe in the normal sense. Don't play much LTDs, they don't appeal to me.

So does Edwards have different series of guitars, like a budget or expensive one?

The super budget ones are called Grassroots no experience with them, Edwards itself has a range of prices but in general they all rock. The highest end ESPs are called Navigators.
bear in mind, edwardses are started off in china and only really assembled in japan. they're nice guitars, still, but worth bearing in mind.

i don't think there's a high or low end edwards. the lacquer taste series is slightly more expensive, it has nitro lacquer over poly. For all the extra they cost, you might as well get one, unless the one you want isn't available in the LTS series (or unless you hate nitro).

problem with the us market is the availability of a lot of the japanese makers... i guess MIJ tokai is also an option? bacchuses are meant to be great, they're a bit more- but to get an sg you'd probably have to go s/h, so the price might be comparable.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 7, 2010,
LTD<Edwards<ESP
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by Dave_Mc
bear in mind, edwardses are started off in china and only really assembled in japan. they're nice guitars, still, but worth bearing in mind.

i don't think there's a high or low end edwards. the lacquer taste series is slightly more expensive, it has nitro lacquer over poly. For all the extra they cost, you might as well get one, unless the one you want isn't available in the LTS series (or unless you hate nitro).

problem with the us market is the availability of a lot of the japanese makers... i guess MIJ tokai is also an option? bacchuses are meant to be great, they're a bit more- but to get an sg you'd probably have to go s/h, so the price might be comparable.

Oh, I'm not looking to get a low end one, I'm trying to avoid getting one.

do you know anything about modern Tokais?
i know, that's what i mean. in the modern range, anyway (not sure about older models, I've only been keeping half an eye on them for the past couple of years), there aren't really any any low-end ones (apart from what i said about the nitro).

i know a bit about tokais, yeah, but i'm not an expert or anything- I don't think I've tried their sgs. I don't see why they wouldn't be great, but your best bet is to hit up japanaxe or the tokai registry forum (preferably both).

EDIT: here's a link to the tokai catalogue. The model numbers are generally the price in yen (that's the RRP, so street is a bit less, but that gives you a general idea).

http://www.tokaiguitars.co.za/cat.html

the premium and vintage series contain the japanese ones. a cpuple of the models in the contemporary series seem to be japanese too. basically once the price gets much under 80000 yen, it's not going to be japanese. the lp junior is tj78, i think (78,000 yen) and it's still japanese.

EDIT: ugh the junior has changed to tj80, tj78 was the older model name.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 7, 2010,