So i want to get a more marshally sound from my 6505 without changing to el34s (as i often need the gotenburg death metal sounds it has stock). Should i use an OD to colour the amps tone? What OD would be best basically to get a more van halen type tone?

Would a valve based OD be an option if i were to turn down the amps gain?
effectrode tube drive or tone freaks severe
Our lord David Cameron in heaven

papa oom mow mow

Quote by captaincrunk
I love sex toys. I don't really care what the shape is. It can be a rabbit, a fat man, Jesus, whatever

1960 Gibson les paul - Klon centaur - 60s marshall plexi/mesa boogie dual rec
Fulltone OCD. The only drive pedal you'll ever need.
I'd like to grow up to be Charles Thompson.


Fender American Standard Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Standard

VOX Pathfinder 15R

Line 6 DL4
Vox Original Wah