Can anybody tell me what Charvel this is? A guy offered it to me in a trade for my Epiphone Explorer. Can you tell me what its worth new, and used in good shape? Thanks!

2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Last edited by diceksox1809 at Jun 7, 2010,
It's an old Charvel Model -soandso- Very good guitars, supposed to be on par with they're san dimas models.
Unless it's a Charvette it which case it's a low end beginner guitar.

Edit: And Coheed ****ing rule!
i like it - dont know anythi about it though... but the explorer... you cant get rid of an explorer... it absolutely epitomises Heavy Metal to me, and i would love to own 1 myself... but would say the charvel does look in good condition.
Quote by stephen_rettie
It's an old Charvel Model -soandso- Very good guitars, supposed to be on par with they're san dimas models.
Unless it's a Charvette it which case it's a low end beginner guitar.

Edit: And Coheed ****ing rule!

thanks any idea what its worth if it is a older model?

and yes, they are the best. by far
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
The 3XXX serial indicates it should be from around '88-89. Seeing as how it's got the 'toothpaste' Charvel logo, I would guess it's an '89 375 Deluxe.

Prices vary quite a bit as the condition of ~20 yo guitars vary tremendously. With that said, they one you've got pictures of looks to be in great condition. I would trade in a heartbeat if I were you.....
Quote by webwarmiller
The 3XXX serial indicates it should be from around '88-89. Seeing as how it's got the 'toothpaste' Charvel logo, I would guess it's an '89 375 Deluxe.

Prices vary quite a bit as the condition of ~20 yo guitars vary tremendously. With that said, they one you've got pictures of looks to be in great condition. I would trade in a heartbeat if I were you.....

so what do you think its worth? he said it was in very good condition.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809

I've seen Charvel "Model #"s on ebay anywhere from 300 pounds to 600 pounds depending on quality and the seller in general. On todays market though given the build quality and playability it would be on par with models in a much higher price range.
It's better than your explorer.
Quote by stephen_rettie
I've seen Charvel "Model #"s on ebay anywhere from 300 pounds to 600 pounds depending on quality and the seller in general. On todays market though given the build quality and playability it would be on par with models in a much higher price range.
It's better than your explorer.

well i just found this don charvels website:

To help you identify your Jackson / Charvel, use the following information: If you have a San Dimas California or Ontario California neckplate and, or have a "MADE IN USA" logo on the headstock, you have a USA MADE guitar. If you have a Ft.Worth Texas neckplate, or you have a neckplate that simply says Jackson / Charvel, you do NOT have a USA MADE guitar. However, there are a few rare pre-production, VERY SMALL CHARVEL LOGO'S that will also have a blank neckplate that are indeed USA MADE. Unfortunately there are a few people bootlegging this logo and selling the guitar's as REAL Charvel's so be careful.(Keep in mind these are very rare and before purchasing one get a second opinion)!

It says ft worth on the neckplate, does that mean anything in terms of value?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by diceksox1809

If you were to try and sell it in the US....about $300 seeing as it appears to be in very good condition with all it's parts. Perhaps you could get $350.

With that said, I don't judge a guitar's worth based on a dollar amount I could sell it for. I base it on the quality of the guitar itself. The "Floyd" on it should be the Schaller made JT-590 which is an excellent "Floyd". The neck's on them feel great as well....
Quote by webwarmiller
If you were to try and sell it in the US....about $300 seeing as it appears to be in very good condition with all it's parts. Perhaps you could get $350.

With that said, I don't judge a guitar's worth based on a dollar amount I could sell it for. I base it on the quality of the guitar itself. The "Floyd" on it should be the Schaller made JT-590 which is an excellent "Floyd". The neck's on them feel great as well....

well i would prob trade it and then resell it, so if i were to do the deal i would most likely resell it and if im not going to get more money off it i wouldnt buy it unless i really loved it.
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
so does anyone have the name of this? Charvel....
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
found it! its a 375 deluxe. anybody know anything about them?
2007 Yamaha APX500
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!