hey, so im building my first pedal and have had a problem putting in a diode one of the leads are kind of too rounded at the top and wont sit flat on the circuit board, is this all right? 98% of the lead goes through theres just a curve which makes the cyclinder component bit (i dont know what its called) stay slightly above the board. If i solder it like this will it still function? im still a noob so hope this isnt a stupid question, thanks in advance.
Quote by Pr0gNut
How dare you get all philosophical with logic and reasoning! This UG Sir,where one must blindly yell out opinions then viciously attack anyone who disagrees with said opinions.
as lon as you can get the poles to touch you will be fine, you could solder on some wire to the leg and then attatch it to the circuit board
As long as the leg of the diode goes through the via (copper pad) and it has a decent amount of length it'll work fine.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Last edited by Little_Buster at Jun 7, 2010,