Alright, I'm working on my rack setup right now, and I've got a pretty good preamp (ISP Theta).
But, I saw this Digidesign Eleven rack, and it says it's made for recording, and has effects.
But could I run this through my power amp, eliminating the need for my preamp?
I'm kinda confused about this product, but it seems really good.
Here it is, if it helps you at all.
http://www3.digidesign.com/index.cfm?navid=594&itemid=6862
Thanks for ANY help you offer me.
Sorry if this is a dumb question.

-Austin.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
I don't have any actual experience with the Eleven Rack, but from what I've heard, it sounds very natural, and you can def use it as a pre-amp according to the info and videos from Avid.

If it helps any, when I'm in need of recording some guitar parts and my amp isn't available, I usually use Eleven's modeling software because I feel it gives me the most natural sound, and comes closest out of all modelers to responding to playing almost like a real tube amp.
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
Yeah, I just read a bit more, and it says you can use it "on stage", so I'm guessing you can run it through a power amp.
Now to sell my ISP Theta, and get this baby.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Don't do that just based on what I said. Wait for a couple more people to post, or if nobody does, as around at the local shop or on other sites. But don't buy it just based on the opinion of a single 16-year-old. We're not usually the smartest people
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
All you need to know if you plan to run through a power amp and PA speakers is... "does it have cabinet modeling/emulations?" And it does. And if you are using a guitar cab then no worries. Yes, it will act as a preamp.
Last edited by fly135 at Jun 7, 2010,
I'd skip the Eleven and buy something like Mako's Mak4 preamp, or if you have the cash, a Fractal Audio Axe-FX.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com