I have been playing guitar for a good while but all my guitars have been fixed bridge as i change tunings but a rr24 has come up tht i would really like but would like to know if you can lock it down so be comes fixed so doesnt get messed up by tuning changes.

Thanks for any help
Yep. Put a wood block in the trem cavity.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Whats the point of double locking floyd roses then like i say im a complete noob to floyds
Double locking Floyd rose's allow you to dive lower, and pull higher, and when properly setup, stay in tune no problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJMvVGa65c4&feature=youtube_gdata
Here's some floyd rose tricks:
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by stephen_rettie
You can block it or get a tremol-no which allows you to switch from full floating>non floating>hardtail.

+1
hey dude u can block it off iv done it.

what iv done is got a block of wood roughly the same size as the cavity either side of the trem block, and then just used strips of leather as spacers and to make a snugger fit, then used brown paper tape to hold everything in place (or super glue it together) and use the tape to stop the blocks falling out if they arnt the exact size ' it takes alot of trial and error.

also dont stick the block all the way down the cavity to the flat body of the trem, as when u put tension back it, the block will rise of the trem polls.

its alot of trial and error but once u start doing it ull realise what all my waffeling on is all about.

i can post a picture if it helps also just lemme know
Quote by xxKINGZYxx
Whats the point of double locking floyd roses then like i say im a complete noob to floyds

Double locking means the string is locked down at the nut and at the bridge.

You don't "lock" the Floyd Rose trem... you "block" it...

http://www.diyguitarist.com/Guitars/FR-FixedBridge.htm

This method will completely block the trem so that it wont move at all.

If you just block it on the bridge side it will still keep you in tune when you break a string (as long as the trem springs don't over-power the remaining strings - u can adjust those) and you will be able to sharpen the notes by pulling up on the trem - but you won't be able to dive bomb.
Last edited by 667 at Jun 7, 2010,
It's really not right to say any guitar will stay in tune when one string breaks, even if the bridge is fixed.

That's because neck tension will change, and all the strings will rise sharper in tone when you measure with a tuner.

Force from the truss rod will affect your tuning if you break a string, fixed bridge or not.
Quote by sfx
It's really not right to say any guitar will stay in tune when one string breaks, even if the bridge is fixed.

That's because neck tension will change, and all the strings will rise sharper in tone when you measure with a tuner.

Force from the truss rod will affect your tuning if you break a string, fixed bridge or not.

Well ya, maybe a few cents - to just barley noticable by ear- unless it's a really cheap guitar. In any case, it shouldnt be a show stopper. The tuning and relative pitch should still be reasonable.

Break a sting on a FR and all bets are off.