Page 1 of 4
Currently having a discussion on MSN with a UGer about crumpets. She's pretty confused by them and to be honest, I don't blame her; how do you describe the taste of a crumpet? She thinks it's like pastries, but it isn't. It's made from yeast but it's. Yeah. Feel free to help me out here.

Also, in this thread, we talk about how you enjoy your crumpets (lightly toasted with butter!) and other English food.

Also, wondering what they are?

Nice with chocolate. Also, I think I might make some later

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Crumpet? You gotta know what cricket is to know what a crumpet is!

Or was it the other way around...

(nobody will get this reference.)
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jun 7, 2010,
Also nice with M&MS, if I had to describe crumpets they have the texture of untoasted bread but the taste of slightly toasted bread and a lot of butter.

HELLO!

Quote by angusfan16
Never had them. Are they like biscuits?

Nothing like. They're soft, spongy, yet quite. Gr. They're hard to explain, and was half of my intention in this thread for someone else to say quite nicely what they're like
Soft, squishy.. good with thick melted butter when they've been lightly toasted
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by JamesLPs
Also nice with M&MS, if I had to describe crumpets they have the texture of untoasted bread but the taste of slightly toasted bread and a lot of butter.

Texture of untoasted bread?

And savoury.
they taste amazing...she needs to try them
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Quote by Craigo
Texture of untoasted bread?

And savoury.

I guess untoasted bread is just bread, I only put untoasted their because i planned on putting toasted later in my post..

HELLO!

Quote by Craigo
Nothing like. They're soft, spongy, yet quite. Gr. They're hard to explain, and was half of my intention in this thread for someone else to say quite nicely what they're like

Spongy is the word I had in mind. Almost....bubbly? Haha it really is a bitch to explain. They're kinda chewy as well...
My name is Danny. Call me that.
It sort of tastes like slightly undercooked bread dough, with extra air in it. Except it's fully cooked and won't give you yeast poisoning.

Like unleavened bread, except it's risen.

All bubbly. It goes crisp when toasted. Tastes amazing with butter (for a savoury snack) or jam (for a treat).

Not biscuits or anything like that.
<--- This is Wally. Not Waldo.

Gear List:
Ibanez RG570
Fender MIA Strat (in black, HSS)
Godawful Marshall MG practice amp

My Youtube
My godawful blog
Quote by gnomieowns
are they moist?

No, you have to add butter to them. They just taste like undercooked bread dough with a completely different spongy texture.

Quote by Craigo

I think he means these...

Well i'm stumped then. If it's soft and spongy, looks like a biscuit, but isn't a biscuit....round, bread, crispy when toasted ....bah i give up. I'll have to try one of these for myself.
Sail upon the open skies
They taste of awesome. That's as far as I can go. Ask Sophie Dahl, after a ten minute story about an old sailor she'll give you an answer.
Anyone who's interested in bread-based luncheon snacks must try a blaa.

This... is a blaa:

Bitta roast chicken an red sauce in that floury bread roll from the south of Ireland and you'll find heaven in that building site where you work.

The second layer of beauty is in the name. Pronounced in a Waterford accent, just saying the word "blaa" can go on for as long as you've got.
Last edited by Declan87 at Jun 7, 2010,
I thought it was some kind of trumpet.
Oh, you wouldn't want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise, they wouldn't wanna watch
Quote by Declan87
Anyone who's interested in bread-based luncheon snacks must try a blaa.

This... is a blaa:

Bitta roast chicken an red sauce in that floury bread roll from the south of Ireland and you'll find heaven in that building site where you work.

The second layer of beauty is in the name. Pronounced in a Waterford accent, just saying the word "blaa" can go on for as long as you've got.

Or, alongside everyone else in the world, a bread roll -_-
Pretty sure if you go to a megamart in the US they will be similar to "English" muffins, but not exactly.
<3 Beardfish

Quote by 'Leviathan'
I love you so much.

YAY!
Looks like an English muffin in that first picture. How similar are they to English muffins? I'm going to assume not at all.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by Craigo
Currently having a discussion on MSN with a UGer about crumpets. She's pretty confused by them and to be honest, I don't blame her; how do you describe the taste of a crumpet? She thinks it's like pastries, but it isn't. It's made from yeast but it's. Yeah. Feel free to help me out here.

Also, in this thread, we talk about how you enjoy your crumpets (lightly toasted with butter!) and other English food.

Also, wondering what they are?

Crumpets are the best thing England has ever produced.

With Iron Maiden.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
I'd say they're best described as a savory sponge cake.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Fixed!

Don't you dare "fix" my posts, woman.

---

---
Last edited by Astyan at Jun 7, 2010,
Haven't had a crumpet in ages.

Bestest way - toasted over a coal fire, then a shit-ton of butter.
Quote by Craigo
Absolutely not. They're not bread.

I clicked that. Click on the picture of crumpets.
Now I'm more confused than ever.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
never had one
Gonna make the mountains be my home....

"A box of rain will ease the pain and love will see you through"-Robert Hunter
All I know is that if you heat them up then add butter, they become saturated with it. Sort of a bread-like sponge that leaves a pool of butter when you put it back on the plate.

And yeah, I don't think there's a way of describing them. You'd have to hold/feel/taste one to get it, I think.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
Quote by JamesLPs

That sounds like a cookie I had once. It was disgusting and I couldn't finish it.
Quote by Craigo
Or, alongside everyone else in the world, a bread roll -_-

Or a cob.

East Midlands representin'

EDIT: A crumpet is like eating a normal sponge, only with a more chewy/sticky/elastic (though not actually sticky or elastic, and not really that chewy) texture.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Last edited by mullet1337 at Jun 7, 2010,
Seriously, why did you have to talk about crumpets?

I'd hand you Normandy for a crumpet with butter right now, you dirty Englishmen.
---

---
Page 1 of 4