SO i have 2 questions:

1) This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba5YRZ850sM#t=6m03s

He says he plays that melody in diffrent keys. After wathing it that on the high E he breaks his patern spacing, either I dont understand the word patern, or ,,, Why does he change the spacing ?
Then again: whats a key? And what describes it ? A boxed scale?

The other question has nothing to do with this

2) SUpposedly i play a random scale up an down, now when going for the second time idown 'd like to ascend using a difrent scale, but how to/which notes must I add to "connect" those two scales without making my ears scream to stop ? Whats theory behind this
Last edited by DocArunas at Jun 7, 2010,
Quote by DocArunas
SO i have 2 questions:

1) This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba5YRZ850sM#t=6m03s

He says he plays that melody in diffrent keys. After wathing it that on the high E he breaks his patern spacing, either I dont understand the word patern, or ,,, Why does he change the spacing ?
Then again: whats a key? And what describes it ? A scale?

The other question has nothing to do with this

2) SUpposedly i play a random scale up an down, now when going for the second time idown 'd like to ascend using a difrent scale, but how to/which notes must I add to "connect" those two scales without making my ears scream to stop ? Whats theory behind this

Playing a melody in different keys is very common jimmy page does it a lot take the riffs from "Heartbreaker as an example" A key simple tells you which note is the tonal center of a piece of music. A scale is a serious of notes based around a root note. *this is the short answer*

2) Learning your intervals and practice is the only way to do this. some notes rub and sound bad *like minor seconds* The space between two notes is what we hear we dont hear the notes a and B for example we hear a whole step or a major second.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.
And by tonal center you mean the starting note? But how come he plays on high E:
7---8----10 then 9--10---12 notice the half step and the step and then when he should play 6--7--9 he play 5--7--9 ----- Why ?
The tonal center isnt ALWAYS the starting note but usually yes. He changes what hes playing to cause Tension in the music If he constantly played it exactly the same way through each of his postion shifts it would just sound over used because the intervals are all the same. ALso remeber music theory is a constantly changing guideline not a set of rules. in most context A# might sound horrible over an A major chord but that doesn't mean there will never be a musical scenario where it won't be used.
*lust list*
Vox tone lab
Vox ac50
satchurator
satches time machine
vintage phase 90
Money towards this gear = $0.00

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I dreamt I was fighting Master Hand, but then I woke up to realize I was jackin' it in my sleep.