So im in the market for a cheap guitar with a whammy bar. I own a les paul special 2 and im trying to get something different cheap before i invest more money into an expensive one once i find which style i prefer. So far ive found these 4 to be the cheapest on craigslist. The last two from what i can tell dont have a whammy bar but look to be in the best condition. Im trying to keep this under $100 so any suggestions would be helpful.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/1779641513.html
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/1779556648.html
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/1779955718.html
http://stlouis.craigslist.org/msg/1779580844.html
My Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Marshall AVT150H w/MG412A
-Cry baby Classic Wah
i wouldnt bother to much with anything with a tremelo on in the lower price ranges as you're going to have tuning problems galore.

just my opinion though
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
squier strat.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
They actually all have tremolos, but don't expect to do anything more than subtle vibrato if you want it to stay in tune.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by !-twisty-!
i wouldnt bother to much with anything with a tremelo on in the lower price ranges as you're going to have tuning problems galore.

just my opinion though

Yeah i understand...but im just trying to get a feel for if its something i want. As long as it stays in tune long enough for 2 or 3 playing sessions its good enough for me. I love the look of a Les Paul but ive played a friends ibanez and the thinner neck just seemed to feel better.
My Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Cry baby Classic Wah
Go to a guitar shop and ask about cheap guitars with tremolo. Try out different models and ask questions.

But like others have said, a cheap tremolo will wreck your tuning quite easily. Try to find a model that holds up best.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.
Quote by biga29
They actually all have tremolos, but don't expect to do anything more than subtle vibrato if you want it to stay in tune.

So any better ideas then? As far as i know this is my best option without having to spend $300+ on a guitar only to find out i hate/ dont use the bar as much as i thought i would. I cant really get one at a shop since im trying to keep this under $100
My Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Cry baby Classic Wah
Last edited by BulletWalker at Jun 7, 2010,
Quote by BulletWalker
Yeah i understand...but im just trying to get a feel for if its something i want. As long as it stays in tune long enough for 2 or 3 playing sessions its good enough for me. I love the look of a Les Paul but ive played a friends ibanez and the thinner neck just seemed to feel better.

try to buy an ibanez without the tremelo then

tremelos mostly only caus problem's till you get into floyd rose official, edge pro, zr tremelo kinda area.
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Go over and check out this at your local GC (seeing as how you are browsng St Louis CL). The sticker can most likely be removed and the price is decent.... Maple FB Ibanez's aren't too common......

I would get one of the Ibanezs. They usually have decent cheaper models.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by webwarmiller
Go over and check out this at your local GC (seeing as how you are browsng St Louis CL). The sticker can most likely be removed and the price is decent.... Maple FB Ibanez's aren't too common......

Cool thanks...what do you think of this one http://used.guitarcenter.com/images/products/105843018_lg.jpg its up for $70 USED BEHRINGER METALIEN DBL CUT BLK SHARKTOOTH 051
My Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Cry baby Classic Wah
Last edited by BulletWalker at Jun 7, 2010,
Quote by BulletWalker
Cool thanks...what do you think of this one http://used.guitarcenter.com/images/products/105843018_lg.jpg its up for $70 USED BEHRINGER METALIEN DBL CUT BLK SHARKTOOTH 051

Never touched a behringer guitar so I can't say. The good thing is that you can go to the store and try them both out side by side and make up your own mind. Chances are they will both be horribly set up so it will be difficult to really get a feel for either. With that said, go with the Ibanez because you will always be able to sell it for the same $100 at anytime down the road.
I wasn't saying that you have to buy one at a shop, but there will be plenty for you to test out so you'll actually know what you are looking for.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw

Well im still a beginner so im still trying to get a feel for things..my cousin had an old BC rich Mocking bird he never played and thats what i kind of learned to play on before buying my Les Paul. Love the look and the tone is alright but the neck just doesnt feel right compared to the mocking bird. Is there any particular model i should look for? The RX170 that was posted up here looks good but ive also seen a gio and some peavey raptors in the same body style
My Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Cry baby Classic Wah
If you're just a beginner, I wouldn't even bother with a tremolo. I don't have one, so I can't do a few tricks, but you have to drop serious cash to get a quality guitar with a quality tremolo. And I don't think you should have a quality tremolo without a quality guitar and having a crappy tremolo is just plain useless IMO.
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw

No need for a tremolo if it's not going to be good. Learn how to do vibratos and you should be happy with that for now
i have a different take on this. go ahead and get a guitar with a trem. you don't need a locking trem to stay in tune just a little common sense and experience. i play strats with regular trems and can keep them in tune just fine. ok you can't do alot of crazy steve vai type of stuff but you can do alot of cool things with the trem. get the guitar set up and you'll find that it's not really hard to keep it in tune.
The Ibanez G10 (or Gio, whatever the **** they're called) would be your best bet. The one I had kept in tune quite decent as long as you didn't rape the bar with dives.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG