Why do people bid on items on ebay as soon as its up?

For example, theres a gibson dark fire on ebay with 9 days left and theres already 10 bids. Why do people bid so early? Is there any point? Aren't they just increasing the price?

Enlightenment would be awesome people =)
well, sometimes people see an item they like, and just go ahead and put their maximum bid up. why wait until the last couple of days? the outcome is the same as if they post their maximum bid 2 minutes before the end of the auction.
Because people are impatient fools?
Quote by TheBurningFish
"OH GOD OH GOD MUM MUM I PISSED MILK OH MY GOD OH MY GOD "

Something like that. All the while, his pants are still about his ankles and his semi erect sausage drips on the carpet as he runs around like a headless chicken...
Quote by CoreysMonster
well, sometimes people see an item they like, and just go ahead and put their maximum bid up. why wait until the last couple of days? the outcome is the same as if they post their maximum bid 2 minutes before the end of the auction.

You got it.
Quote by CoreysMonster

you wait till the last minute so that you save as much money as possible..
Conspiracies

They get friends to bid to increase the price. Duh
I think it's because people don't quite understand ebay and just post numbers in a frenzy.

It annoys me too.
Quote by Arterial

f you put your maximum bid up first you dont lose or save any money....no matter when you bid your not saving money if you win
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by Arterial

that's not really how it works.

say nobody bids until the last day, then someone thinks "hm. I don't want to spend more than 750 on this, so my maximum bid is 750."

let's say there's another guy who says "I'm not gonna spend more than 600 on this".
They both wait until the last few minutes, and keep on bidding higher and higher. obviously, they're gonna keep on bidding until they reach their maximum, which in this case will be slightly over 600 bucks.
If the first guy had posted 750 on the first day the item went up, then the other guy would have kept on bidding until he reached his limit, but the first guy still won't have to pay more than 600, because ebay always bids slightly higher than the person who bids less than your maximum for you each time.

If anything, waiting until the last minute makes you spend even more, because you're caught up in the rush of the bid and might end up bidding more than you actually intended to.
As a seller it makes me happy though
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
^ you nailed it CoreysMonster
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Last edited by htsktim91989 at Jun 7, 2010,
Quote by kevC4
Conspiracies

This
Quote by kevC4
Conspiracies

That. I sadly know people who do it.

That said I do the opposite, I bid for something the other day with 3 seconds to go and won it.