So, as you can see, this is about ESP guitars. Well as simple as it is, which do you think is better? an LTD MH-1000 Deluxe FR or LTD EC-1000 Deluxe FR. They both have Floyd Rose 1000, they both have abalone binding, they have EMG pickups... Well most of the specs are the same except of course the body shape, and the EC-1000 has a set-neck and an MH-1000 has a set-thru.

I just have one question... can someone explain exactly what is a set-thru?
Well in that case which do you like the look and feel of better?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set-through_neck
There you go. Wow the internet sure is good for finding information.

*edit* Sorry if this is just a general question. I just assumed that you are asking because you're looking to buy and can't decide.
I prefer the Ec-1000 because of the feel, looks and the 60 in the neck which gives it a bit more versatility.
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Last edited by sepultura alma at Jun 7, 2010,
The EC-1000 has an EMG-60 at the neck, which i personally prefer. i find that the EC is much more versatile. both are fine guitars, but i prefer the EC
GEAR:
Ibanez Xiphos XPT750
ESP Ltd Viper 400
Egnater Rebel 30 112
Boss GE-7
Line 6 Uber Metal
Boss DD-7
Quote by britishsligean
personally i would get the mh as it has better access to higher frets

Basically this.

If you don't care about the higher frets then you get the EC because IMO it looks better (in general).
i love esps but you know what i hate about em? EVERY SINGLE guitar has emgs!!!! the ones that dont are either junk, out of my pricerange, or i just dont like it.
Quote by thrashaholic666
i love esps but you know what i hate about em? EVERY SINGLE guitar has emgs!!!! the ones that dont are either junk, out of my pricerange, or i just dont like it.

Cool story bro.

You see this guy actually WANT'S EMGs.

-gasp-

Who would've thought that guitarists USE THEM? I mean they're only put on a SHITTON of metal guitars.
Essentially the EC-1000 has more balls because it's made of more wood. It also has a 60 in the neck versus an 85. It also has a shorter scale length while maintaining the 24 frets.

MH-1000 has an 85 in the neck and a 25.5" scale. It's also quite superstrat shaped. So the upper fret access is a bit more, but it's less of a tone machine. Something tells me its made of alder or something, too.
With a set neck, the neck is glued onto the body of the guitar, and with a set-thru neck, the neck is actually the whole length of the body and the sides are glued on like wings, if that makes sense?
I love Eclipses... so I vote for the Ec-1000 My favourite is the EC-II though, I'm not a huuge fan of FR :/
they're both phenomenal guitars and i was really close to buying an EC-1000 because it was beautifully crafted and on sale for 800 dollars new. a year later however and i would have regretted not buying an mh because it plays a little better for soloing, is a little brighter sounding, and i think it looks a little cooler It's also cheaper from what I've seen
Gear:

Fender Strat
PRS SE Custom 24
Agile AL-3100

Jet City JCA50H
Randall 2x12 wV30s
Quote by fcukyoufirefly
With a set neck, the neck is glued onto the body of the guitar, and with a set-thru neck, the neck is actually the whole length of the body and the sides are glued on like wings, if that makes sense?
No, that's neck-through. Set-through is a set neck which has the heel carved away so it looks and feels like a neck-through but it retains the body tone and stability of a set neck.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.