much like fleas wall bass:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6WRfLfM5Qw

it would be handy if it was a cheap method as I'm on a tight budget, it would also be pretty good if there was a step by step method.

the only reason i didnt search this on the internet is because it is quite specific and i didn't want to sift for hours on end throughout the forums and the rest of the net to come up with results

any issues post below and i'll add them here
WHAT HAS HE DONE TO THAT WAL!?!?!

I'm gonna kill him.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
What exactly do you want on your bass?

If you're skilled with an airbrush and have the necessary equipment, you could always paint it yourself and refinish it, or if you don't want an airbrushed image you could strip, repaint, and refinish the bass using tape and spray paint to do the design work.

The more costly approach would be to take it to a professional and have them repaint and refinish it, although that option will drain your wallet a bit.

I do know that there is a company/companies who make vinyl "skins" for guitars with graphics on them, they might make skins for basses too. You'd have to search them out and order them online.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos
What exactly do you want on your bass?

If you're skilled with an airbrush and have the necessary equipment, you could always paint it yourself and refinish it, or if you don't want an airbrushed image you could strip, repaint, and refinish the bass using tape and spray paint to do the design work.

The more costly approach would be to take it to a professional and have them repaint and refinish it, although that option will drain your wallet a bit.

I do know that there is a company/companies who make vinyl "skins" for guitars with graphics on them, they might make skins for basses too. You'd have to search them out and order them online.

basically lots of faces covering the body, these faces would be printed off with a regular printer and somehow transferred onto the body with a lacquer coating to protect them

i just want to find the cleanest and cheapest way of doing this, but only if this method can work
Quote by AICfreak
awesome, could i do this using regular paper or card?

I'd go for something as thin as possible, which means less finish to make it flat again.

And I don't know how your finish of choice would react to photo paper, so I'd avoid that as well, unless you do some experimenting first.
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

well i dont want anything too thin as it will just absorb the lacquer, maybe something that's laminated?
Doesn't really matter if it absorbs the lacquer as the lacquer is clear. Do some tests, I have no idea how a laminated piece of paper will work with a lacquer over the top.
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

ok now i have finished experimenting, now it would be quite good to have inspiration for the pictures i could put on