I want to attach a tailpiece/ LP style bridge to a guitar, but how do i do it?

Well first of all what kind of bridge do you have on it now? Actually just tell us what guitar it is. If you don't already have big routes in the body, then it would be fairly simple: just drill the holes for the mounting studs and then stick them in. You just need to worry about where the studs need to be installed based on the scale length. I can go into more detail if you're seriously interested.
Bari Build

__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

I am building a guitar. I have a piece of wood, and i am considering getting a LP styple tailpiece, but i am wondering how you attach it to the guitar etc, and on another note. Should i get normal machine heads or locking ones?