Hey All,

I've been offered a fairly new Line 6 Verbzilla for $100. The sound clips are amazing, and that's what I'm going on because I can't try it out before I buy it. I have a few questions:

-How natural sounding are the 'Verbs? All of my pedals are Analog and I play through a Tube amp. Will it mix well with this equipment? Or do they sound too Digital and I should look elsewhere?

-Somebody told me that they took the Reverb out of their Valveking 112 and that they just use this now. Seeing as that's the amp I eventually intend on getting, is this a good idea? (based on your experiences, of course)

-Chris
Last edited by Major Bludd at Jun 7, 2010,
Yes, it's a very good reverb. You can't get non-digital reverb in a pedal, really. It's better suited to long reverbs than shorter reverbs, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
It's not very noisy, it's a reverb pedal...
Nobody actually needs a noise gate.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
^ This.

The best noise gate is the one you never have to use.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
OK. From what you guys are telling me, it's a good Reverb pedal. And fairly naural sounding? I want something that can do natural as well as Space Rock, and I'm not rich so I just wanted to make sure this was a good bet.

Any other comments?
Quote by Major Bludd
OK. From what you guys are telling me, it's a good Reverb pedal. And fairly naural sounding? I want something that can do natural as well as Space Rock, and I'm not rich so I just wanted to make sure this was a good bet.

Any other comments?

Behringer RV600, identical but much more stable in the software and costs less than half what you're offered new, under usd 50 you can get it.
Checked out the Behringer RV600, very interesting and much more pedalboard friendly. So which one?
The Behringer has a more peadlboard friendly shape and takes up less real estate. The only realy problem with the Verbzilla is how ugly and cumbersome it is.

Hmmm....
How does the RV600 compare to the Holy Grail or the Digitech Hardwire reverb pedal? I was looking at getting the Hardwire Reverb, but for $50 this pedal seems great.
It certainly does. And it seems 'warmer' than the Line 6, which may 'Gel' well with my other Analog pedals. I'm not worried about it falling short of the Line 6 on the 'Analog Delay-Type' stuff in the end of the video, because I already have a MXR Carbon Copy for that stuff!

Anyone agree the Behringer sounds warmer? or is it just my imagination?

Decisions... Decisions...
All things considered, the Line 6 seems to be of higher quality in the end. I wonder if it's possible to re-house it? Anyone tried that?
Why would you want to rehouse it? The Line 6 Tonecores are bricks, there's no problem with the enclosure or the switch AFAIK.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
It's incredible for spacey reverbs. The only thing that's ever bothered me a little is that the attack can be a little slow on certain models. (Octo's the main one i noticed.)

That said, the Octo is awesome. Playing full chords with some overdrive and kicking it on turns your guitar into a wall of sound, and the wall's the great wall of China. Or the Berlin wall. The Wailing wall? You get the idea.
I'm also curious about the verbzilla, is the behringer better?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Last edited by demitriv at Jun 8, 2010,
Though I don't have direct experience with the behringer, it's almost an exact clone of the verbzilla. (Behringer doesn't ever bother designing things itself). However, at the price, if it has the same sound quality, I would buy the behringer, considering its a third of the price. If you have the funds, buy both, compare them, and see if you think the Zilla's worth the extra $100, then return one of them.