Page 1 of 3

I was wondering what the Pit's opinions are on the latest Chinese craze of dyeing their dog's fur to look like other animals such as in the picture.

Opinions?

Holy balls that's cool. Really really weird, but cool.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Looks awesome, I'd colour my dog into a blanket octopus if I had a dog.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
That's a bit mean, and the dye would irritate their skin, dog skin isn't meant to have hair dye on it

Well neither is human skin, is it? I'm sure the dye is safe enough for China.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'm dyeing my chihuahua...

Fassa, I NEVER want to think about your 'chihuahua'...
hello
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I'm dyeing my chihuahua...

Thanks for the heads up, I'll call the RSPCA.

I can't even use human shampoo on my dog because the chemicals are so harsh. Imagine what hair dye will do to them.

Quote by SteveHouse
Well neither is human skin, is it? I'm sure the dye is safe enough for China.

Well some humans have reactions. You are supposed to do a 48h skin test before using dye. But in general, human skin is more resilient to chemicals than animals' skin. Particularly dogs.
Last edited by Mistress_Ibanez at Jun 7, 2010,
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Thanks for the heads up, I'll call the RSPCA.

I can't even use human shampoo on my dog because the chemicals are so harsh. Imagine what hair dye will do to them.

I'm sure it's no human hair dye. They love their animals in China.
hello
kinda bad, but totally ****ing awesome too!
now extra flamey
I wonder if it has any impact on the flavor
Currently listening to:
Mock Orange
Tiger's Jaw
American Football
Piebald
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
But in general, human skin is more resilient to chemicals than animals' skin. Particularly dogs.

I had no idea. Strange, given that we bathe them and drip anti-tick and anti-flea chemicals onto them, which humans have to wear gloves to apply safely.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

i read it as "dying dogs fur" lol. also i think thats cruel, would you like it if someone died your hair to some random colour?
whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Quote by EJD
Reminds me of that drunkard who ran out of beer... he was so desperate, he drank furniture polish.

He came to a horrible end... but a beautiful finish.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Also, awwwwwwwwwwww:

Too much cute for my eyes to handle!

If they ever made dyes that didn't hurt dogs, I would totally do this.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by SteveHouse
I had no idea. Strange, given that we bathe them and drip anti-tick and anti-flea chemicals onto them, which humans have to wear gloves to apply safely.

Yeah, the dog shampoo I have for my dog is really gentle though, once she rolled in sheep poo and I had no dog shampoo with me so had to use shower gel, she got really bad flaky skin

The chemical gloves are generally so we don't go from having it on our hands to in our mouths, which is why they go on the back of dogs' necks where they can't lick at it.
Thats awesome. I wanna dye my Yorkie in Leopard print now
love is love // return to dust
That's ****ing awesome. Assuming they have specific dyes for this kind of stuff that aren't going to harm them and whatnot. If I were a dog, I'd totally wanna look like a tiger.

Disclaimer: By reading the above post, you agree that El Hilliaro is legally and morally free from any responsiblity should any harm be incurred by said post.

Also, you agree that I'm awesome and own all your stuff now.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Yeah, the dog shampoo I have for my dog is really gentle though, once she rolled in sheep poo and I had no dog shampoo with me so had to use shower gel, she got really bad flaky skin

The chemical gloves are generally so we don't go from having it on our hands to in our mouths, which is why they go on the back of dogs' necks where they can't lick at it.

Reminds me of the time we paid a LOT of money to have my Westie groomed and then we took him for a walk into some fields. He went straight to a pile of manure and rolled in it.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

How do you know all this? Are you a wizard?

[img-Nah. No image.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa

Quote by SteveHouse
How do you know all this? Are you a wizard?

[img-Nah. No image.

I have a dog

And for the chemicals thing I'm just assuming, but I guess bad things would happen if you ate shampoo or shower gel as well.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Reminds me of the time we paid a LOT of money to have my Westie groomed and then we took him for a walk into some fields. He went straight to a pile of manure and rolled in it.

Yeah, they love rolling in poo, don't they?
I remember that there was someone, who I think made the news, who would go to pet shelters, and find the dogs that no one wanted to adopt, and dye them like this (the one I remember was a panda), so people would adopt them.

Anyways, I'm for it, as long as it doesn't hurt the animal. However, I don't think I'd do it personally; I think the novelty would wear off pretty quick.
i'm actually quite disgusted by this =/
"And after all of this, I am amazed...

...that I am cursed far more than I am praised."
Quote by Will Swanson
Can you guys imagine if Fassa has a kid?

Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

oddly enough, that's exactly how I imagine Fassa's kid.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

I don't know. I mean, it's stupidly cool. But I feel bad for the dogs 'cause they probably get really confused and they probably don't like people messing with their identity and how they see themselves.
ALTHOUGH:
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
Page 1 of 3