bar 17 is super groovy hah the main riff rhythm is verry groovy as well. the abbath dance is sick id slow it down a tad and emphasize the chords a little more. the interlude does exactly what its supposed to do kudos. i dont lik eblack metal but this was good good use of chords and melody changes
I like how there are instructions on how to be troo.

I was confused by what a Verse 1 and a Chorus were. Is that some sort of uber-kvlt black metal ritual?

It's sum intense shit boi. All the riffs were memorable, with plenty of venomous charge to them.
Not much else I can say about it. It's solidly built, but ultimately not one of your better songs. What I can say is that the simpler moments have spots of brilliance that some of your other songs lack.
Maybe it's the utter cohesion. Could the ease of recalling the riffs. Idk, but taking a more streamlined route in your songwriting might help you achieve even higher grounds.

I guess I did have something to say.
i think the guitar parts are great
but overall, pretty much every section (except maybe interlude and abbath dance) could benefit from some blast beats - just mix them in with the beats you've already written
Quote by FlyingFuc!<
i read on the toilet.
sometimes i'm even on UG or AIM.
laptops + wireless = The Pit on the toilet.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Cannibal Corpse transcend genres and stereotypes with their emotional and heartfelt take on music.
Last edited by wannabe_punk at Jun 9, 2010,
You know... dude. If you can actually play this, it isn't too bad because it takes some skill.

But honestly man, I'm not gonna ask for C4C because this is OBVIOUSLY only written in guitar pro. You want my honest advice...

You may be one of the "best" writers in this forum because you always get good reviews.

But it's OBVIOUS to the real metal heads on the forum, you only write this shit on guitar pro. My buddy and I actually can play and write the shit we put on guitar pro.

You want my two cents, you got it. Stop writing guitar pro. Do it for real. Then I can judge your music. Otherwise, put some effort into it. Actually play what you write. Then maybe real musicians like myself and my buddy can actually respect you.

Video record this song, of you playing everything, then we can actually give you the credit of everything. You do write decent songs, sure, but once you show you can play them, we don't believe you.

No C4C or anything... Just saying what I can do to help.

Remember, if you can play what you put into guitar pro, we will believe you are good writer, but later. My buddy and I are listening to Obscura, a real band, with real talent, but seriously.... record this shit or else, you won't be recognized by half of the real writers on this forum.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God
Last edited by DragTheWaters11 at Oct 1, 2010,
Quote by DragTheWaters11
You know... dude. If you can actually play this, it isn't too bad because it takes some skill.

But honestly man, I'm not gonna ask for C4C because this is OBVIOUSLY only written in guitar pro. You want my honest advice...

You may be one of the "best" writers in this forum because you always get good reviews.

But it's OBVIOUS to the real metal heads on the forum, you only write this shit on guitar pro. My buddy and I actually can play and write the shit we put on guitar pro.

You want my two cents, you got it. Stop writing guitar pro. Do it for real. Then I can judge your music. Otherwise, put some effort into it. Actually play what you write. Then maybe real musicians like myself and my buddy can actually respect you.

Video record this song, of you playing everything, then we can actually give you the credit of everything. You do write decent songs, sure, but once you show you can play them, we don't believe you.

No C4C or anything... Just saying what I can do to help.

Remember, if you can play what you put into guitar pro, we will believe you are good writer, but later. My buddy and I are listening to Obscura, a real band, with real talent, but seriously.... record this shit or else, you won't be recognized by half of the real writers on this forum.

Did you seriously just necro this thread so you can be condescending and brag about how awesome you are?

This piece doesn't even seem that hard to play, except for maybe the bar 17 riff.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Oct 2, 2010,
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
Did you seriously just necro this thread so you can be condescending and brag about how awesome you are?

This piece doesn't even seem that hard to play, except for maybe the bar 17 riff.

This. x about a billion.

JD doesn't write that hard of songs, if you actually have a bit of skill. [Arguably, guys like zakatak/huevos/progbass/juckfush/JR write harder ones] so, DragtheWaters, you might wanna go attack them as well, if you're gonna attack JD. Hell, attack me too, while you're at it. [After all, I can only play the guitars/bass of my songs, and I have no band]

Hell. This is a composition forum, primarily. It isn't necessarily about whether you can or can't play your tunes, as long as the GP sounds good. As long as the song itself is good in GP.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Last edited by Burning_Angel at Oct 2, 2010,
Real writers?

Real writers?

Is that an insult?

You know for someone who has this in their signature...
"I see no boundaries for true art. Here and now. Here and beyond." - Nergal [Behemoth]
You sure seem like a damn hypocrite.

Now let's get this straight so hopefully I don't have to ****ing explain it again in another thread, because it's really starting to piss me off that half the people can't make a comment on my music without stating that I can't play it as a main factor as to why they don't like it - That you tell me "This measure seems impossible to play" in a respectful manner, I dont mind and I can input my two cents about it but going so far as to say no "True metalhead" will respect me or my music without playing it is some serious garbage man.

First of all, I'm a drummer, not a guitarist, and when I comment or rate other people's music I rarely tell them I don't respect them because they wrote a drum partition they can't play, or because their drums are sub-par.; I might comment that the drum parts could be better to make the music better, from a compositional standpoint, but I do not judge their musical creativity on their drumming technique, it's irrelevent in this context.

Second of all out of all the songs you could have stated impossible to play and I might have agreed with you on certain sections you pick one I actually WROTE ON GUITAR. Therefore all the fingerings are more than possible and although I personally can't play it cleanly enough, a guitarist with sufficient experience in black metal riffing could easily play this, perhaps other than the one chord on the bar 17 riff which is unorthodox to toss in at such high speeds - Even then, far from impossible, it's a freaking open power chord.

Also the rise would require proper muscle memory and efficient switching from one chord to the other but they're all reasonable in fingering, I checked myself.

Come on man emperor write and play songs tightly that are twice as hard as anything in this piece.

Now this might have to do with the fact that metal is not known for taking pieces that are not written by the band themselves but there are plenty of composers that don't perform their pieces and compose for other people. The fact that I practice my compositional skill and use of melody/harmony on guitar pro instead of on a guitar is that I don't know the guitar well enough to properly convey the emotion I want, and I make no big secret about it because I don't consider that makes me a worse composer.

I originally thought you were perhaps just very opinionated but the more comments I see you make on this forum the more I realize you're just a straight up douchebag.

By the way. I already submitted 3 songs on this forum I wrote off my guitar and not on guitar pro, this one included.

Well played, JD, well played.
Quote by JazzDeath
I originally thought you were perhaps just very opinionated but the more comments I see you make on this forum the more I realize you're just a straight up douchebag.

This especially.
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"