Alrighty, so with recently acquired graduation funds I'm going to finally go from two 1x12s (Orange and Blackheart) to an Avatar 2x12. I'm pretty sure about what I want except for the speakers, which I really know nothing about. I know V30's are the old standby, but that's about it. These are my options:

Vintage 30s, G12H30s, G12T75s, Greenbacks, Classic Lead 80s, Hellatone 30s, Hellatone 60s and G12K100s

I'm like a lot of midrange punchy tone, something that will accent my Tiny Terror well and cut through a mix. Tonally, it's pretty much straight forward rock n' roll/punk/blues/blues rock. Some help with the tonal characteristics of each speaker would be sweet.

Also, I don't know about what ohms to get it at. My TT runs at 8 or 16, so would one be preferred over another farther down along the line when I get a higher wattage amp?

Thanks guys,
- Chris
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Are the G12M's and the 12-65s worth the extra money (about $180)?

Quote by bogg808

The Heritage line is worth the extra money, IMO.

A good alternative would be Scumback Speakers by Southbay Ampworks.

You can find a lot of them in that link I sent you. They're actually a bit better than the Heritage Celestions, but I'm not sure where you're located.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
I'd probably go with a Greenback and a G12H30.

V30s, GT75s and GK100s are all too "metal" for what you want IMO. The CL80 could be cool, but I think the Greenback and 30 would mix best.

Scumbacks and Heritage Celestions are nice, but I wouldn't bother with a Tiny Terror... No offense, but it's kinda pointless to be spending more on your speakers than your amp is worth
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jun 7, 2010,
^ Perhaps, but he can always keep the cab when he upgrades the head.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
You guys are talking slightly above my price range...haha.

Lets try this, best speaker combo sub $200, for both speakers.

Quote by bogg808

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Jun 7, 2010,