I would like to know which scales I should know everywhere on the neck to solo with for blues, classic rock, and eventually to some Vai & Satriani-esque stuff. Which scales or other things should I do for this?
That's a Bingo!!! Is that the way you say it? "Thats's a bingo?"

-Cols. Hans Landa AKA The Jew Hunter,
Inglourious Basterds
Major, Minor, Blues.... And you're good. Pretty much every scale is based off those three
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Learn the major scale and learn it well before you do anything else, it will make understanding the rest so much easier.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Learn the major scale and learn it well before you do anything else, it will make understanding the rest so much easier.
+1

You can derive pretty much any scale you'll ever need from the major scale.
popular rock = major scale
most rock and metal = minor scale
black metal = minor harmonic scale
blues = ...blues scale
80s guitar solos = pentatonic scale
folk metal = dorian mode (or omit the subdominant)
Quote by Piano-Forte
popular rock = major scale
most rock and metal = minor scale
black metal = minor harmonic scale
blues = ...blues scale
80s guitar solos = pentatonic scale
folk metal = dorian mode (or omit the subdominant)

How wonderfully prescriptive
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
pent min and maj, blues pwnt if ur interested. Natural minor and the major scale and lastly harmoniv minor. U can do melodic minor if i said it right. Its all up to u and what music u like. Atleaste pentitnic should be first to get a idea on sounds.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Satch has always been keen to advise people to truly know pentatonic major and minor everywhere before moving on, try that
"I've Been Imitated So Well I've Heard People Copy My Mistakes"- Jimi Hendrix

We're born to lose, so live to win
Learn the major scale. It's one of the basics of diatonic theory and can be related to any other scale you choose to learn. Learn how it's constructed, the intervals, how chords are formed from it, and how you can change the tonic (that's generally the first note in the scale and/or the one you resolve to). At that point, you don't need any other scales from a diatonic perspective.

If you don't know pentatonics by this point, learn 'em. They're pretty fun. Or you can do what I do and just use whatever damn notes you want. I'm particularly fond of octatonic scales and hexatonics. But that's just me.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
How wonderfully prescriptive

sorry you didnt like by post bieberbrox

but at least im not giving him the useless advice of "SCREW FUNDAMENTALS JUST PLAY BRAH JUST PLAY" in every thread