Hey guys, i was wondering if i should buy one, i have a Line 6 Spider III 15w Amp, and i think i need more distortion to play the stuff i like (heavy metal, metalcore, death metal), but it already comes with the INSANE setting wich gives a lot of distortion too.

I was thinking on buying a Digitech Metal Master =o
So... what do you guys think? should i buy a distortion pedal? wich one? or should i keep the amp's distortion?
inb4 get a new amp
Rigz.
SX Furrian
Eastwood Mandocaster
Bugera v55
DigiTech DL8
Boss BD-2
Dean Markley Tuner
Ebow

Gear Hitlist:
2x12 Cab
upgrade your amp, modeling amps and pedals do not realy mix well, especially with the spider III
yeah, i've seen a lot of people saying that tube amps are way better, i bought that one when i didn't knew a thing, but i don't have the money to buy a nice one, so i think i should get a nice pedal
it will sound no better than the insane setting does, just stick with the line 6 distortion until you can afford a decent rig
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by britishsligean
upgrade your amp, modeling amps and pedals do not really mix well, especially with the spider III

This

Upgrading your amp will affect your tone the most. You may think the amp + distortion pedal would sound good now, but in a little while once your ear develops better, you'll hate the tone you'll get.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
While the Spiders aren't popular around here for their tone, it should definitely have enough distortion for whatever you want to play. I can't imagine a pedal getting you any more without it just becoming a fizzy mess.

Try the settings thread for some ideas of how to set your EQ before splashing out on a pedal https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=688660
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
well im not an expert, but if you aren't satisfied with your amp, buying a Digitech is a great Idea, specially the metal master. Is up to you
so i should stick with the amp's distortion and save money for a new amp. Should i buy a pedal for that amp? or should i search for one with a great distortion? Like Slash, he uses his amp's distortion, no pedals.
Quote by KuroKun~
so i should stick with the amp's distortion and save money for a new amp. Should i buy a pedal for that amp? or should i search for one with a great distortion? Like Slash, he uses his amp's distortion, no pedals.

If it's metal you want to play then go for an amp with good distortion and afterwards if you feel you need a bit of a boost consider an overdrive pedal like an Tubescreamer.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Yeah, I was going to say that how could you possibly want more distortion from a Spider, it definatly dosn't sound good, but that insane channel should give you enough distortion to play death metal.

A pedal will just sound crap with your Spider, no matter what pedal you get, you won't even be able to tell what the pedal sounds like properly.

Save your money, buy an amp.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.