why are ibanez Rgs so cheap? (in price) are they bad guitars? why arent they almost ever over 500 unless its a prestige? is there such thing as an rg for 500-700? are they so cheap because of the bridge?
actually, most RG prestige guitars position themselves well over the $1000 range. Ibanez pretty much offers more for less. They can be unappealing to some metal players because of the edge 3 in the lower end models which don't have the great tuning stability of an original floyd rose which most players look for in a guitar. The "Wizard" neck is a really thin neck, i don't really like it because i'm used to the thicker necks like a les paul.
Last edited by SilverRock113 at Jun 7, 2010,
they're made in more numbers, mostly by machines in indonesia, and there is less atenttion to detail than the japanese prestiges
they're made in china and indonesia mostly and by machines. that being said my rga is ****ing fantastic and it was only 500 bucks.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Don't feed the troll this guys been at it all damn day
Quote by JacobTheMe
JacobTheEdit: Hell yeah Ruben.

Quote by Jackal58
I met Jesus once. Cocksucker still owes me 20 bucks.
WTF o_O????RG's range from 120$-2500$...and thats excluding jems and universes which are pretty much Rg's with some steve vai decorations on it..

you call 2500$ cheap?

EDIT: OOhhh you're that thrashaholic guy...obviously you should be him to come up with a stupid question like that..
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 8, 2010,
RGs are ibanez's strat. you can find a strat for $100 or less (squier) or a strat for $20,000 (signature models, vintage, etc). so yes, you can find an RG for $100 or so. but you can also find an RG at a few thousand dollars with quality to match. saying they're "cheap" is a really general statement that isn't really accurate at all. they can be cheap, but they can also be world class instruments
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
they make it 600 and the make it for 800 and they make it for 2500 and they make it for 1000...what more needed to be said????

do you want us to make an RG for 700?ok I'll sell mr GRG for 700..happy?

you still can buy a RGA or a RGD or a MTM or a S for 600-700..ibanez makes a lot of guitars for 600-700..why in the sake of **** cant you google and find it out?your post doesnt make any sense at all,at first of you asked us why they were so cheap and now you're asking us as to why they dont make a RG between 600 and 700...just because your budget is that it doesnt mean that all guitars they make has to be 700!!!ask that from ibanez!!

BTW they make a RG for 799 and thats only a 99 more than you "happy medium"
You again.

RG's are great guitars.....THATS WHY WE HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU ABOUT THEM IN THE PAST 4 THREADS....are you finally starting to listen????

RG's are cheap because they are massed produced. They are great for almost any style, thin neck, lightweight......a metal players dream if you will.

And I don't know why you are so addiment about not wanting EMGS or actives. You know those can be taken out and replaced w/ something else for very cheap. And you could prob sell the EMGs for more than you would pay for passive PU's

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say you either have never played guitar or are very new to all of this. Either way you should try to go out and play on a few different brands and really PAY ATTENTION TO THE DETAILS. RG's necks are nothing like a strat, neither are Jacksons...so if you say they are you must not really know what you are talking about. You can look up the specs and clearly read that they are prob some of the thinnest necks available.

You just need to try a bunch of guitars and write down what you like and dislike about each an whichever has the most likes and least dislikes is the guitar for you. Called process of elimination...something you probably learned in 4th grade or so.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by srob7001

RG's are cheap because they are massed produced. They are great for almost any style, thin neck, lightweight......a metal players dream if you will.

only applies to normal ibanez's..not prestiges

hey man dont even bother to give this guy advice,it is as useless as trying to feed a lion grass..
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by archenemyfan
only applies to normal ibanez's..not prestiges

hey man dont even bother to give this guy advice,it is as useless as trying to feed a lion grass..

I always forget about the Prestige RG's....I don't even consider them the same as RG's...to me...it's a Prestige.

This was my lost shot at giving him advise....after this he is going on the block user list so I don't have to even see his posts.
Gear
Jackson RR24M - EMG ALX w/ ABQ installed
Ibanez Xiphos - stock
LTD Alexi 600 - stock
Ibanex RG - Tone Zone(bridge), PAF Pro(neck)
Blackstar HT-20H
Fulltone OCD
MXR 10 Band EQ
Quote by thrashaholic666
but theres no happy medium, they dont make any between 600-700.

You're not going to find your dream guitar in that price range. Either settle for something cheaper or save a little more and get something quality.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
You're not going to find your dream guitar in that price range.
-1... Although it does take some luck. A month ago I happened upon a mint 2001 RGR450LTD for $416 and it plays and sounds as good as any $2000+ Ibanez I've ever played. They were only released in Japan so I don't know if they got special attention from Ibanez, or if I just got lucky and found a good one (what's the opposite of lemon?), but I do know I haven't touched my JEMs since except to clean them and put them in the closet for a while
Last edited by van01010100 at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by van01010100
-1... Although it does take some luck. A month ago I happened upon a mint 2001 RGR450LTD for $416 and it plays and sounds as good as any $2000+ Ibanez I've ever played. They were only released in Japan so I don't know if they got special attention from Ibanez, or if I just got lucky and found a good one (what's the opposite of lemon?), but I do know I haven't touched my JEMs since except to clean them and put them in the closet for a while

Ahh well done, congratulations The wonders of the used market (And Japanese Luthiering )

I guess I should have said Generally you wont find your dream guitar in that price range if you're buying new
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by GNR4EVER
Ahh well done, congratulations The wonders of the used market (And Japanese Luthiering )

I guess I should have said Generally you wont find your dream guitar in that price range if you're buying new

+1000 on that
do you think this guy will go used?He didnt want any ibanez in the first place!

anyway van0101 the thing I hate about you is how cheap you get your guitars for..I was totally happy with the deal I got until you came along and told that you got some 3 great guitars(cant remember exactly which)for just 1200 or something like that...

anyway another to the deal you got..
some of the best ibanez's i've played have been between $400 and $600. the old used RG570's and RG550's are always going for about that amount. on ebay or used in stores. GREAT guitars. essentially the prestige guitars of their day. i've owned an RG570 and a prestige RG and couldn't honestly tell you that one was better than the other.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip