I need better tone on my Line6 half-stack. My rigg Line6 HD-150 Head with a Peavy Valve King cabinet. Esp EC-1000 with EMG 81 & 60. I would like a Behemoth-ish or Dimmu Borgir-ish tone...if at all possible. And i also need help choosing witch guitar to get its between the Ltd EX-360 and the Ltd V-300...thanks for the help my fellow guitar players.
I'd say either of those guitars would be a step down from what you already have. I'd spend the money on a new amp instead. Maybe look for a used Peavey 5150/6505 head.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Definatly buy a new amp instead of a new guitar, that'll get you much nearer to Behemoth or Dimmu Borgir than any guitar will.. No matter what guitar you play it will sound the same (awfull) through that amp.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
ENGL's are great but from what I've heard they have quite a bright voicing. That's not to say they're not suitable for your style of music, there are plenty of Death Metal bands that use ENGL's, but some people prefer a darker voicing. It's worth figuring out which you'd prefer before you go out and buy an ENGL.
If you knew what you wanted to buy, then why ask us?

In all honesty... Eh. Forget it.

New amp > new guitar in almost all cases. Unless you have a great amp.

You have a great guitar. You need an amp (not a shitty Line6 Spider) to do it justice.

Look into:

Used
Engl Savage
Engl Powerball
Laney GH50/100
Ampeg VH140C
Peavey Butcher
Line6 Vetta/HD147 (not to be confused with the Spider. It's just the Spiders that suck.)

... and a good OD pedal to use with it.

A lot of good metal tones also come from lower gain than you'd think.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
ym rivera k tre, hk triamp, fryette sig/x, diezel herbert.

engl actually has the least build quality out of all of them. sound good though.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
In all honesty, the Line 6 HD amps really ain't that bad, I think what is sucking most of your tone is the Valveking 4x12 cab, they are know to be really crappy cabs. I would spend your money on a decent cab first, then make a call on a new amp, either way, if you buy a new amp, it will still sound like crap through the crappy cab, if you buy a good cab first, then when you buy a new amp, it won't sound like crap.

A good cab to recommend is Avatar cabs, built just like Mesa cabs, but a hell of alot cheaper.
He doesn't have the HD147, the HD150 is the Spider 150w head.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by ethan_hanus
In all honesty, the Line 6 HD amps really ain't that bad, I think what is sucking most of your tone is the Valveking 4x12 cab, they are know to be really crappy cabs. I would spend your money on a decent cab first, then make a call on a new amp, either way, if you buy a new amp, it will still sound like crap through the crappy cab, if you buy a good cab first, then when you buy a new amp, it won't sound like crap.

A good cab to recommend is Avatar cabs, built just like Mesa cabs, but a hell of alot cheaper.

OR.... you can sell the amp, AND the cab, and just buy a really badass combo amp....
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by simpleben09
OR.... you can sell the amp, AND the cab, and just buy a really badass combo amp....

Yeah, you could, but it's much easier to do the easy thing first. If I've learned anything from being a sound tech, it's that something may sound like crap at first, doesn't mean you should just straight up replace it with a completly new one, it's typically too expensive, you first see how you can improve the amp, by changing tubes, OT's, or speaker, even speaker cables will help.

Idk though, I know the HD series are pretty good, so me personally, I would hold off on buying a new amp until I figure out all my options.
Quote by ethan_hanus

i think that would help out at least a little bit. i am not familiar with Avatar's cabs, but i am a big fan of Randall's cabinets and they are pretty reasonable.

and dont step down and buy either of the guitars you mentioned.

save the money and buy a new head, or at bear minimum a cabinet.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Behemoth941
Yeah it's not that bad...i just want to get a heavier tone with the amp i have.

Have you tried drop tuning your guitar, that'll give you a heavier tone, but will suck your gain up, so if lack of gain is your problem (which it shouldn't be) then get a gain boost pedal to tighten it up and add a little more gain. TS9's work great, so do Bad Monkey's.

But I am almost certain it's your cab that is holding your tone back.
He's got a Spider!!!! Why would he waste money on a new cab?!?!?!
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Buy a new head. Bugera 6262/333xl. The head will have more effect on his tone than a cab ever will.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM >> Maxon OD808 >> BOSS NS-2 >> Peavey 5150 212
Quote by mmolteratx
He's got a Spider!!!! Why would he waste money on a new cab?!?!?!

Cause, the HD 150 is not the same as the Line 6 Spider III 15 or 30 watt amps, it's actually a respectable low end SS amp. Course there is better, but that's not the point.

Plus, a good cab is just as important as a good amp.
Quote by ethan_hanus

Idk though, I know the HD series are pretty good, so me personally, I would hold off on buying a new amp until I figure out all my options.

You're missing the point. the HD150 is just a Spider III head, it's not one of the nicer Line 6 HD amps like the HD147. Yes, Line 6 HD amps are very good, but the Spiders are not.

He definitely needs a new head more than anything, his Valveking cab should suffice for now.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Cause, the HD 150 is not the same as the Line 6 Spider III 15 or 30 watt amps, it's actually a respectable low end SS amp. Course there is better, but that's not the point.

a good cab is important if you have a good amp.
I mean maybe a 412 southbay loaded with scumincos and a mg100hdfx would be awesome just for lolz.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
a good cab is important if you have a good amp.
I mean maybe a 412 southbay loaded with scumincos and a mg100hdfx would be awesome just for lolz.

A good cab is important, but the head is more important. The Valveking cab isn't so bad it immediately needs replacing. A good, high gain tube amp would give far better tone for the TS than a spider head through any cab.
Digitech do a distortion pedal called "Death Metal". It's quite extreme but great fun to play and also it's cheap and won't break the bank if you find it's not for you.

thrench
Ibanez AS73
Squier Blonde Standard Telecaster
Home built Telecaster Deluxe
Vox AC4TV amp
Vox V845 Wah Wah
Marshall reverb
Korg Pandora PX4 multi effects
Digitech Death Metal distortion pedal

God is busy, save yourselves!!!
Quote by ethan_hanus

It's the same amp with a bigger power section! That's it! There's nothing respectable in the least about it. And cabs really only come into play once you have a good amp where it makes a difference.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT