I have a Agile Les Paul and a Marshall MG250DFX but I can't get the tones I want out of it. I want something like early Pete Townshend but a little less bright. Does anyone think they could help? If you know any amps that are pretty cheap in price that could get this tone (I was thinking of the VOX Valvetronix Series) can you mention them too.
Solid state amps while useful will not duplicate that old tube amp tone.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
You have a 250 watt MG? You poor soul.

Anywho, seeing how your ear for tone is now changing you may want to save up for a new amp.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by beatleshendrix9
I have a Agile Les Paul and a Marshall MG250DFX but I can't get the tones I want out of it. I want something like early Pete Townshend but a little less bright. Does anyone think they could help? If you know any amps that are pretty cheap in price that could get this tone (I was thinking of the VOX Valvetronix Series) can you mention them too.

Need more information.

Will you be gigging with it? What is your ACTUAL budget? Do you want/need it to do anything other than Pete Townshend?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.