Hey there,

I have a 1960A 4X12 Cab and I was wondering if you can plug a Pod X3 Live straight into the extension cab with no amp between them?

Might be a dumb question but I'd like to know.

Cheers =)
Thanks, I have a Laney Power amp that is 65W that sounds terrible. Another stupid question but would the poweramp's sound greatly affect the tone from the X3?
not really, but theres also the option of going from the pod into the P.A.
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
does the power amp sound nasty when ya plug directly into it with the guitar? if its a real flat frequency power amp ment for a PA its because its supose to sound that way with a guitar plugged into it....meaning ya need something else hooked into it such as a POD or a preamp of some sort. thats if it is a real flat freq power amp and not a regular guitar amp head etc.
Quote by `NeXxuS`
not really, but theres also the option of going from the pod into the P.A.

So the Pod Can power the PA/Cab? and you can just play through the Pod, directly into the PA/Cab?
Quote by BogWraith
So the Pod Can power the PA/Cab? and you can just play through the Pod, directly into the PA/Cab?

if the cab is passive, you need a power amp, if its a powered speaker then you can plug directly into that. some people prefere to run directly into a PA, but when they usually say that they mean they are running it into a mixer + power amp + speakers, unless they have active speakers.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
if the cab is passive, you need a power amp, if its a powered speaker then you can plug directly into that. some people prefere to run directly into a PA, but when they usually say that they mean they are running it into a mixer + power amp + speakers, unless they have active speakers.

Oh cool! Thank you very much for this! Thanks guys, answered all my questions!
I have my POD X3 Live connected to two Active PA speakers. Sounds good and saves on cost.