would it be possible to use an A/B switch as a footswitch for a JCM 800? as in having a cable going from the A input for the low input and another going from the B input to the high input?
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
Maybe. IIRC if you plug into the low input it shorts the high input but I've never tried plugging in both.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i was contenplating, since the JCM 800 obviously has no footswitch and its one or the other, but if i run and AB box and run one cable to the low and one to the high and select the A channel for cleans and then the B for gain...would that harm the amp?
fender aerodyne jazz bass>mxr el grande bass fuzz>boss odb-3>dunlop crybaby bass wah>randall rba 500 es/ampeg 8x10
It shouldn't but it might not work due to the reason I already stated. Why not just use your volume knob?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
i'm lazy...not gonna lie.
on the les paul forums i found the same question asked...might be able to shed light on it for ya, but if you have the same amp model as the one being discussed, the A/B thing might not work at all as what they are saying over there:

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/squawk-box/83705-jcm-800-a.html

this is what i read from over there:
"AFAIK the Hi and Low on a JCM800 aren't two channels, you can't plug into both and switch between them. (for a 2203/2204 that is)"
Last edited by WaltTheWerewolf at Jun 7, 2010,