Howdy,
So, these kahlers look pretty cool, 2300s model i think. I am wondering if its possible to tighten the springs so its not really floating.

Like on my Babicz, which is pretty much like a vintage six hole strat:
Either that FCH or a vintage strat trem, you can tighten and add springs to pull it flat to the body, or 'On the deck'. You dont have to screw around with getting the float right this way. It seems to stay in tune really well, and drop D is not an issue.

Just wondering if you can set these Kahlers up that way?

Also, are they a direct replacement for a six hole vintage trem? Looks like you use the outer of the six screws and have to put two more in back?
Quote by archenemyfan
Kahlers might look cool,but they dont work very well...

really depends on the type and if it's set up well.

i don't know if you could replace a 6 hole trem with one. i want to say no, but it might be possible (although it wouldn't be a very clean job if so). i can't find a good picture of the bottom of the trem unit, so i'm just going to say "possibly, but probably not."

i can't see why you couldn't set it up to be dive-only. people claim that non-recessed floyds have better sustain and tuning stability (i definitely agree with the tuning stability claim). i would assume that the bottom of the trem would have springs, so you should be able to put 5 springs on it and call it a hardtail (or the next best thing).
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
really depends on the type and if it's set up well.

yeah but generally compared to other trems which are much easier to setup and also work,kahlers are nothing..they arguably doesnt work as well as lets say a LoPro or an Edge PRO
Last edited by archenemyfan at Jun 9, 2010,
good point. if i were going with a locking trem i'd probably take an original edge over pretty much anything else out there
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip