So I've started getting into using slide in some of my songs, but it's always just for small parts of the song, and I'm not really sure what to do with it for the rest of the time. I've got one strap with a makeshift slide-holder, but the strap on my Junior is about a 1/4 inch of leather, so that's not gonna happen. Anybody got some creative ways to store a slide??
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Pocket?
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
That doesn't really work for quick transitions when you're wearing skinny jeans, haha.

Quote by bogg808

In your mouth, unless you're the singer.

On top of your amp, walk over and get it when you need it.

In your pocket (that would be the most obvious).

On your finger, unless you really need your pinky for the parts of the song without the slide.

Balance it on one of the machine heads (not really).

Balance it on your nose.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I usually store it sticking at the top of my pocket, sticking out a little bit. or just on top of my amp and then I walk back and get it when needed.

EDIT: this works well with tighter pants.

EDITEDIT: maybe try your belt loop?
Last edited by whatadrag at Jun 8, 2010,
Don't put it in your mouth. It causes the saliva glands to work overtime and where does all the spit go? Straight down the inside of the slide and streams down onto your feet (or even worse, your pedalboard or guitar) - NOT a good look.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Haha, I sing anyway, so no mouth. Another concern with the pants: I tend to thrash around on stage, and even if I am using homemade slides...I still don't like the idea of breaking one. Specially in my pocket..

Quote by bogg808

Get a metal slide, that wont brake, though they don't sound as good as glass in my opinion.
Put in in your pocket half sticking out like whatadrag said.

Or give up singing and put it in your mouth.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Quote by mcraddict81592
I am using homemade slides...I still don't like the idea of breaking one. Specially in my pocket..

Switch to steel or copper maybe?
Or a beer bottle, that's a good trick.
stick a tampon on one of the opening ends of the slide.

when you're not playing, bite the tampon instead of the slide. it will absorb all the saliva.
Quote by sharp__edge
stick a tampon on one of the opening ends of the slide.

when you're not playing, bite the tampon instead of the slide. it will absorb all the saliva.

Fantastic idea.
Tell the bassist to hold it?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Tell the bassist to hold it?

Hahahahah, you win.

But I mean, smashing 'em might just be the best/most badass way to go about it. I did make 5 of them tonight alone, sooo not like it'd be that much of a loss.

EDIT: And the guy in that video is so goofy, made my night. The voice, the strange guitar strap/body cover, the beard. Just awesome.

Quote by bogg808

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Jun 8, 2010,
^ I want one of those, seriously.

The websites all American and stuff though, it says 6-8 weeks delivery, so to get to England it'll probably take 4 years.

Plus, I have sausage fingers.
Am I retarded...or do they never list a price for those things on their site?

Quote by bogg808

Clip it underneath the mic on the mic stand. You're the singer so it'll be there anyway, I do this with picks and slides.

EDIT Dammit the crab man doctor beat me.
Last edited by Dan_5893 at Jun 8, 2010,
put 1 or 2 sports style wrist sweatbands around your strap, a little bit of tape on the bottom, instant strap pocket!