alright so the other day me and some friends were screwin around and i accidently smashed my finger off a tree messin around, so i was good for like 5 minutes then i looked and i realized my finger was bleeding like crazy...so I sucked on it to help it clot, and about 5 minutes later looking at the blood i suddenly got really nauseous and dizzy and couldnt stand or walk...so I laid down and my vision blacked out for a good five minutes then I finally came out of it and my ears started ringing for like five minutes after, as if i'd been listening to very loud music for a long time...it was like twenty minutes before i came out of it, it wasnt really that bad but I'm disturbed by it...is there a word for something like this happening..? I'm dead certain it was because I saw myself bleeding
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
Why would you suck on it?? that doesnt exactly help your blood clot.. try pressure next time.
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by RabbidWolf
Why would you suck on it?? that doesnt exactly help your blood clot.. try pressure next time.

this, you just kept losing blood by sucking on it.
Go Veg.
shock/fear of blood, all the blood you sucked up going to your head.
you brought a hooker to church?
Shock most likely.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Vampirism
Quote by Casketcreep
Make out with a dude.
You'll be so grossed out by the stubble.

Swear to god.
I'm not gay, and not in a similar situation to you, I've just made out with a few dudes in my time. Purely for shits and giggles.
this is shock my friend, a sign that you had lost too much blood, or just lost it at a fast rate, either way, without blood, the body cannot function properly, and your senses start to take a toll. I had this happen to me when i broke my nose, couldn't stand, felt faint and nauseous, and almost passed out.
Quote by Kevy Absolution
Retardation.

Most probably this, though.
Quote by Draconis93
this is shock my friend, a sign that you had lost too much blood, or just lost it at a fast rate, either way, without blood, the body cannot function properly, and your senses start to take a toll. I had this happen to me when i broke my nose, couldn't stand, felt faint and nauseous, and almost passed out.

Most probably this, though.

But the thing is when I got punched in the nose twice in a fight and bled a puddle all over the floor I never got this same feeling I got here
Quote by Ikey
im no fred flintstone but i can sure make the bed rock

MY GEAR!

Epiphone Futura Custom EX
Randall RG75DG3 Combo Amp
MXR 10-Band EQ
Oscar Schmidt OG10CEN

howya doin
so wait you just smashed your finger off? a tree? lol jk but damn thats weird
My Gear:

2010 Fender American Deluxe Sunburst Stratocaster HSS (1st Choice)
Ibanez RG 5EX1 (2nd Choice)
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
Digitech Time Bender Delay
Boss BF-2 Flanger)
EHX Germanium 4 Big Muff Pi
Quick TS!!!!! My dicks bleeding!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Bein a pussy
My Gear:
Epiphone Classic Les Paul
Ibanez JS1000 w/ Seymour Duncan Jazz and Pearly Gates
Alverez Acoustic
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Boss GT-8

Add Me?
/thread

Quote by Jackal58

daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Last edited by JayT44 at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by Jackal58

fag
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Quote by wolfeman85
But the thing is when I got punched in the nose twice in a fight and bled a puddle all over the floor I never got this same feeling I got here

Adrenalin probably stopped you from falling into shock there. No doubt you still felt some of the effects of it after you'd calmed down though.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
I'd have to agree with the guy saying youre adrenaline stopped you from blacking out in the fight. I've seen a guy get his knee popped out of place and stood up because his adrenaline was going.
But probably shock
Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
Being the child lover I am I told him to beat it or I'll beat his ass.
Last edited by BedofRoses at Jun 8, 2010,
I got the same way when I almost cut off part of my thumb, both before and after I got stitches in it. I literally couldn't look at it for like a week or so or I'd start feeling weird. I have no idea if there's a term for it, but I know exactly what you're talking about.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
I think I have the same thing. I remember i cut myself once and while i was cleaning out the cut i started getting dizzy and my vision started going. It was kind of scary.
"Forget the rules. If it sounds good, it is good."
-Eddie Van Halen
Quote by BedofRoses
I'd have to agree with the guy saying youre adrenaline stopped you from blacking out in the fight. I've seen a guy get his knee popped out of place and stood up because his adrenaline was going.
But probably shock

Adrenaline can make you do some mad things. It can make you much more resistant to pain and and shock, sometimes to a ridiculous extent.

To give a couple of my own examples, I once fell off my bike and gashed my leg. It wasn't particularly deep or painful but within a couple of minutes I was blacking in and out of consiousness and throwing up due to shock.

Another time, somebody stabbed me in the shoulder, causing a quite serious injury and my first reaction was to break a bottle over their head. I barely recognised that I'd just been stabbed or that it might kill me, I just snapped and reacted. It didn't start hurting until about five minutes later and I managed to stay reasonably calm for a couple of hours afterwards thanks to the hefty dose of adrenalin my body had given me. I still felt a lot of the symptoms of shock later on, but they were significantly delayed and not as severe.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Jun 8, 2010,
A less extreme version of that happened to me when I popped a blood blister a few days ago. I'm such a bitch.
Quote by Jackal58

wow
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
This happened to me when i stacked my skateboard a couple of years ago. I was on the way to a mates house and came off, got my finger pretty bad. When i was rinsing it off, i was losing heaps of blood and felt dizzy, my hearing went weird too. I dont think it was shock, im not bothered my blood at all. I think it must have something to do with losing so much
you might also have hemophobia, or the 'blood fear', people who have this can easily pass out at the sight of blood, thing is that it varies from person to person, and doesn't necessarilly have to be there your entire live, it could have developed at some point.
I'd say shock, not so much squeamish or anything. I have nose bleeds, not a lot but regularly, say once a month or so. Anyway, usually it doesn't bother me at all, but one time I was walking out of the living room and hit my foot against the wall by accident, and I think I bent over too fast to see if anything had happened and my nose started bleeding, and I felt dizzy and my vision went a bit weird, similar to what you described. So I'd say its the body being shocked as opposed to you being scared at the sight of blood or anything.