Hi Guys,

As the title says, this is my first build. Hopefully I can get everything together by the end of summer. Anyways, its looking to be a standard explorer, 22 frets, 24.75 in. scale, etc, with a poplar body, maple neck, and birds eye fretboard. Neck's gonna be bolt on, because if I make a mistake, i'd like to be able to replace it later.

Since I'm a rookie, I've been scouring the internet and various books to try to answer all my questions, but I just can't find good answers for some of them.

So, When you guys build your guitars, how do you decide where to place the pickups?

Thanks!
Attachments:
Explorer.JPG
Explorer body.JPG
Fretboard.JPG
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.

Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.

...With regards to guitar building, so get your mind out of the gutter you!
This looks like it'll be good already.

Anywhere, really. wherever you think they'd be best. or wherever the model says, if you want your build to look the same as all others :S
Dude that thing is beautiful! Good luck mate, can't wait to see it finished!
My Setup:
ESP LTD EX-CZ
Schecter Damien 7
Peavey 6505+
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
ISP Decimator
Maxon OD808
Boss DD-6
Hey guys, sorry I haven't updated this in a little while. It's wedding season here, and Bonnaroo was a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I've routed the truss rod channel, as well as gouged out the space for the adjustment nut. Today, I'll probably put the glue the two wings on the headstock. Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures of that either later today or tomorrow.
Attachments:
Neck with Truss Rod Channel-1.jpg
006.JPG
Quote by fatgraymatt
I love metal but death metal's just a bit too much for me. The most I can get into is serious-illness metal.

Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.

...With regards to guitar building, so get your mind out of the gutter you!
You didn't need to gouge out the space for the adjustment nut like that, the width you already had was adequate. Won't notice when you put on a cover though.

Good luck with the build.
Last edited by lostcreation333 at Jun 27, 2010,
Looks good so far

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man