Im gonna start gigging soon this summer. What is the best way to store it ? Laying down? on side upside down which way is the best.

I own a fender 410 deville. It has 2 6l6's and 3 12ax7rs in it. Can i change these to get a marshall sound out of them? Plz no flaming hehe. My fav tone is jimi and slash. That distortion bluesy sound. I dont want to copy. What are my options on tube exchanging?

What is the proper way to turn off my amp? I never asked this i didnt think it mattered but... I got a stand by and a on off switch.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
turning your amp off you just flick-flick them off.

you wont get your fender to sound like a higher gain, more modern marshall, but it should be able to cop a decent jimi tone with tweaking, reason being that the older marshalls go, the more similar they were to fenders, but even then.

you could get your fender modded to take different tubes but there is a lot more to an amp's sound than simply which tubes it is running. case in point: the various Marshalls that use EL84, EL34, and KT tubes that still all sound distinctly 'Marshall'

edit: best way to store an amp is somewhere safe.
'87 Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Archtop
Laney LC15R
Last edited by boardsofcanada at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by boardsofcanada
case in point: the various Marshalls that use EL84, EL34, and KT tubes that still all sound distinctly 'Marshall'.

That made me crack up.
Marshalls are designed to take EL34s and EL84s. THe only place in the world where they have 6L6/5881 is the US. It's done by the distributor there.

TS: Just changing the type of valve won't turn it into a Marshall. It would require quite a bit of modding.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by silly6-string
My fav tone is jimi and slash. .

You bought the wrong amp.

You make sure the amp is on standby before you turn it on. Turn the amp on, wait a minute or two, for the tubes to warm up. Your amp should not be making any sound if your guitar is being played at this point. Then take it off standby. Now, you will hear your guitar.
well ya sad to hear i bought the wrong amp. Im a impulse buy never try anything out just bam. This is what i get basically hehe. Well i like the sound of the love pedal amp 50. What other pedals do u recommend for that nice sound?

what kind of sounds is the fender deville used for band wise
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Last edited by silly6-string at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by Cathbard
Marshalls are designed to take EL34s and EL84s. THe only place in the world where they have 6L6/5881 is the US. It's done by the distributor there.

the 900 SL-X came stock with 5881's everywhere.