Hi,

I know this question has been asked about 100 times, I recently restrung my guitar with the Cleartone 12 gauge strings, they made a lot of buzzing sound when I do the power chords and they hurt my fingers too. I am looking for some things that sounds bright and not too hard for my fingers. What brand do your guys recommend?

Thanks,
Kenny
They do that because you arent pushing hard enough to make them not buzz so either get stronger or get a lighter gauge, the brand isnt important really. But elixirs are best. I use 9 gauges on a strat and they take a long time to break. I would suggest 10s for you then try 11s if that isnt heavy enough.
Quote by Cris5949
They do that because you arent pushing hard enough to make them not buzz so either get stronger or get a lighter gauge, the brand isnt important really. But elixirs are best. I use 9 gauges on a strat and they take a long time to break. I would suggest 10s for you then try 11s if that isnt heavy enough.

Believe me, I did push hard till my fingers hurt but still buzzing here and there, I now think maybe the 12 gauge is too stiff. I will try the 10s next. What are the advantage of using thinner and thicker strings?

Thanks,
Kenny
Quote by Sologuitar
Believe me, I did push hard till my fingers hurt but still buzzing here and there, I now think maybe the 12 gauge is too stiff. I will try the 10s next. What are the advantage of using thinner and thicker strings?

Thanks,
Kenny

Lighter strings are better for your left hand.

Heavier strings make it a hell of a lot easier to play fats and precise with your right hand.

Basically you should go as heavy as you can while still being able to move with your left hand
Thanks guys,

Have you heard of Taylor strings? One guy told me to try Taylor 10 gauge strings, but I couldn't find anything under Taylor.

Kenny