I was watching steve vai's new song,called building the church and there is this insane tapping part at 3:26....to me it looks almost impossible,so I am asking the experts on this site,is it as hard as it seems?

@ 3:26
I like steve vai but he looks so gay in that video...
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Quote by stef123

Right, right right. That will help him a LOT... I guess.
Quote by stef123

thanks for the help..Now I can play it..yay!!

I am kidding BTW
Not that hard strong accurate fingers will do the trick
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
In short? No, it is not as hard as it seems. It will be hard and annoying to memorize that part, true, but tapping is a somewhat easier technique to develop, than say, sweep picking or speedpicking.

Look up tabs, and practice slowly. You should get it within a few weeks.
I agree about the looking gay part. He's a good musician, but a little full of himself some times. The tapping looks like it can be done pretty easily with practice, but if that's too hard, you don't necessarily have to tap that part.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
In short? No, it is not as hard as it seems. It will be hard and annoying to memorize that part, true, but tapping is a somewhat easier technique to develop, than say, sweep picking or speedpicking.

Look up tabs, and practice slowly. You should get it within a few weeks.

thanks for the help

Quote by JohnnyApplecore
I agree about the looking gay part. He's a good musician, but a little full of himself some times. The tapping looks like it can be done pretty easily with practice, but if that's too hard, you don't necessarily have to tap that part.

how can you do it without tapping?
Quote by archenemyfan
thanks for the help..Now I can play it..yay!!

I am kidding BTW

xDDDDDDDDDDDDD

im guessing when his tapping with the left hand, i think he is actually damping the strigns too so they dont ring you kno? :>
Quote by JohnnyApplecore

....tapping would be a lot easier than combining sweep picking with string skipping.

Emphasis on A LOT easier.
Quote by archenemyfan
thanks for the help

No problem!
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Quote by archenemyfan
I was watching steve vai's new song

this tells me you've been taking too many drugs lately.
Anfangen ist leicht, Beharren eine Kunst.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
Building The Church is from 2005.

really?

I wasn't into vai until a few months ago,and the only albums I heard are passion and warfare,alien love secrets,and religion and sex or something that I got as a gift from one of my buddies,so I didnt bother to look at anything else,I thought they were the only albums that he has produced...so sorry.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
Building The Church is from 2005.

+1
Was going to say, cryogenic freezing is bad for your brain. Song's old man

Also I look pretty gay when I do harmonics and wank the hell out of the bar. That's why I tend not to do that so much anymore.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by JohnnyApplecore

1.he's admitted he's a poser from way back in the Guitar World gear tour, and also he did the hair metal thing with David Lee Roth, so i guess he'd have to develop an ego.
2.Wat?
Quote by uk.mace
This man is smart.

Quote by guitar-guy69
you spelt colors wrong

Tweet me bro.
Quote by blankoff
1.he's admitted he's a poser from way back in the Guitar World gear tour, and also he did the hair metal thing with David Lee Roth, so i guess he'd have to develop an ego.
2.Wat?

The whole over the top style that Vai has kind of always bugged me and I didn't listen to his music all that much but honestly, I've been watching his stuff lately and starting to fall in love with his ridiculous antics. It's so funny sometimes, the stuff he does!!
Oh yeah.

Quote by hildesaw
A minor is the saddest of all keys.

EDIT: D minor is the saddest of all keys.