Ok, so I'm playing DDO, just minding my own business when all of a sudden my laptop's screen goes all magenta on me. It sort of looked like when an analogue tv has no reception, except it was purple. I could sort of see the images that were supposed to be on the screen, but they were heavily distorted.

Is this a common problem with dying laptops?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Jimi is back!

But seriously, it sounds like your screen is failing/has failed. Have you dropped it, or done any other damage recently?
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
This happened to my desktop PC one. ...When the graphics card burnt out... but it can also be a driver problem... Strange that drivers seem to stop working after they were perfect for months? ..that's windows for ya.
and now i have Hendrix playing in my head...

you're screen died i think dude, i've only seen that when the monitor cable came loose but laptops don't have that so i'm not 100% sure
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
I've seen it happen to a TV when the gas or plasma or whatever it is that makes then worked leaked. Your screen might be broken inside.
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Quote by breadstick
Is this a common problem with dying laptops?

A common problem with dying monitors, laptop screens and beamers.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
wait, was this only in the game or on the entire OS?
"Spin the middle side topwise. Topwise!"

"And there's Jimmy Page, the biggest thief of American Blues music"
Unless your screen has been physically damaged or broken I think the issue would be with your graphics card.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
I'm on a different computer atm. It's happened once before, but then worked fine after a restart. And yes, it was the whole OS. No damage to the screen. Can graphics cards overheat?

I think I might know what did it actually. My laptop has several power management modes. It was on quiet office mode from before when I was just web browsing. I think it limits the fans or something. Does that sound like a likely cause?
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
there's purple all up in this bitch!
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Quote by bass-man9712
and now i have Hendrix playing in my head...

Same. Except I'm desperately thinking of a rhyme for laptop.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Same thing happened to me while I was playing DDO. Turned out my graphics card had died.
------------------
Quote by breadstick
I'm on a different computer atm. It's happened once before, but then worked fine after a restart. And yes, it was the whole OS. No damage to the screen. Can graphics cards overheat?

I think I might know what did it actually. My laptop has several power management modes. It was on quiet office mode from before when I was just web browsing. I think it limits the fans or something. Does that sound like a likely cause?

yes. thats why they have fans and such.
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
'Scuse me while I kiss the sky
sounds like either the graphics chip, or the internal cable between your motherboard and display.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
I took a knee on my laptop once, and something very similar happened. It sounds like somethings wrong with the connection to your screen, the screen itself, or the graphics card.
Quote by :Vicious--
how did u guys get from pit flags to mace windu raping kids using an ice cream truck

Quote by -Vogel-
"Don't touch my buttsecks"