Hey guys,

I've decided to finally delve into the world of recording my guitar playing (woo). Now, I'm on a pretty tight budget of AU$110, so I'm basically looking for anything in that range that will allow me to record my guitar. There are a few products I have seen and considered that I can get within that price range:

Behringer UCG-102 Guitar USB Interface.
M-Audio Transit
Alesis Guitar Link
Griffin iMic
Samson Q1U USB mic

Now, I'm aware that these are quite low end devices, so I'm not expecting industry quality stuff, just enough to maybe post some stuff on UG and such.

I'm also aware that the M-Audio Transit is, from what I gather, an Analogue - Digital converter, and not a guitar interface. This poses no issue, because I can use the line out signal from my amplifier and then convert that and whatever.

So now my question is, which of these devices would be better, or are there any other alternatives? My budget is unfortunately non-negotiable (unless it goes lower, lol), so I can't really go much more expensive than 80USD.

I have a Vox VT15, several pedals, and use Kristal (with some free VSTs installed)

tl;dr I need a guitar recording solution/interface for under AU$110, preferably not more than one piece of equipment.

Thanks in advance

Dan
well the m-audio transit has a 1/8th input right?
just go to radioshack or somethin and buy one of those 1/4-1/8th cords then line in that way
My serious advice is to save up a tad bit more and get the Line 6 Studio GX for $99 USD

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PODStuGX $99 USD

This hardware comes with POD Farm, a piece of amp emulation software that can give you pretty much any effect and tone you desire. This product may be a tad out of your price range but is seriously a great investment if your looking to record guitar. Plus this thing will pump out CD quality recordings. Better quality than those others you listed. If your really looking to post stuff online etc. I really wouldn't skimp lower than this product I have listed or you will eventually regret it. Your getting so much more here for that extra 20 bucks.

Hope that helps.
My Music
-Leave a rating, comment with link will C4C-
like sawyer said, i think your best option is to save a bit. find a source of income, keep practicing and coming up with stuff, and then when your budget isnt so restricting, even 150-200 USD, come back and we can help you out some more.
My income isn't a problem, its just a very painfully slow process, with paying for driving lessons and all. But I guess I'll have to save anyway. Cheers for the help guys, at least I know where to look when I do have the finance
you could try something simple to get you off the ground especially if your just using for like a demo to get shows until you can seriously start recording albums, you should just go out to your local sam ash or a target or something and buy a recording cable they have different kinds there are some that go in the sound jack on your computer and others that plug into the usb and either one'll work on audacity, which works really well for recording and once you get using the built in equalizer down on audacity you can make everything sound pretty damn good not to mention the chord and don't quote me on this but im like 90% its only like $30 and audacity is free so it'll fit your budget definatly
Quote by Tenma
you could try something simple to get you off the ground especially if your just using for like a demo to get shows until you can seriously start recording albums, you should just go out to your local sam ash or a target or something and buy a recording cable they have different kinds there are some that go in the sound jack on your computer and others that plug into the usb and either one'll work on audacity, which works really well for recording and once you get using the built in equalizer down on audacity you can make everything sound pretty damn good not to mention the chord and don't quote me on this but im like 90% its only like $30 and audacity is free so it'll fit your budget definatly
This will not give any good quality though.
My advice is to get some of Line 6's recording gear like a Toneport UX2 or cheaper models depending on price. For a DAW, just use Reaper. It's rather good. Sure as hell don't use Audacity. POD Farm with the UX2 will help with recording your guitars and bass. If you need to record vocals and drums, things will get pricier and you'll need some decent mics.
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
This will not give any good quality though.

Well yeah, thats why i said it'd be fine if your just trying to make a demo tape till you can get into a real studio or afford something a little more practical
I can't help you with where to buy, but I can offer my 2c.

You're likely better off with something like an mAudio box (or another type of audio interface) to plug your guitar into, rather than using something like one of these line 6 things. They're going to mess with your sound quality a lot, and the quality of the effects on them I find are usually questionable; depends what you're looking for though.

Your best bet I think, in terms of applying effects and such, would be to apply them afterwards in your DAW using free plug-ins and such. Or recording into an audio interface after running your guitar through any effects pedals you normally use.
after owning 2 M-Audio Interfaces I wouldn't touch one on a bet. I now use a LIne 6 Interface and it works beautifully. Stay away from the M-Audio junk IMO. My Line 6 GX1 is the best $99 I've spent in years and the sound quality is superb! No flaky drivers - no issues whatsoever and Pod Farm is a whole lotta fun - I use it with all the other Amp Sims I own too and everything sounds great.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!