I left a couple at a studio once and forgot to go back and get them.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
ive only lost friends by leaving bands or kicking members out...even then its just a passing thing
Yep.
If it's for the good of the band, and you want to make it, or even just play a few shows, you did the right thing.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Well, I was in a band once, and the lead guitarist was a really good mate but he was pretty erratic, and he got into drugs. This was bad, because he would then get up on stage and just stand there, and de-tune his guitar or play random things. So we got another guy (actually, a mate of the guitarist) to fill in for him, and he was actually pretty good. We played as a five-piece for a little while, but eventually we got sick of his drugged playing, so before a gig we played, we 'forgot' to pick him up. And we didn't see him for about 6 years after that. He just randomly turned up one day. Anyway, I guess you could say we lost a friend because of our band, because he only started doing LOTS of drugs when we became a bit popular. True story.
Marshall amplifiers are the truest purveyors of rock and roll known to man.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Holy crap, check this out!
Yeah, I lost a number of supposed friends, some of whom I'd known since high-school and even earlier.

Basically, I'm a worship musician. I didn't start playing bass though until university and didn't even to church until then either.

Initially these friends were interested in my bass, as some of them were also musicians. But when I went into the worship band, they accused me of either being 'brainwashed' or simply refused to speak to me.

Another friend I lost because the band I'd joined was one he'd tried to join without success (and he'd also been playing a lot longer than I had) yet I auditioned for this band and got in with less than 8months of playing.
Quote by seemeel
Well, I was in a band once, and the lead guitarist was a really good mate but he was pretty erratic, and he got into drugs. This was bad, because he would then get up on stage and just stand there, and de-tune his guitar or play random things. So we got another guy (actually, a mate of the guitarist) to fill in for him, and he was actually pretty good. We played as a five-piece for a little while, but eventually we got sick of his drugged playing, so before a gig we played, we 'forgot' to pick him up. And we didn't see him for about 6 years after that. He just randomly turned up one day. Anyway, I guess you could say we lost a friend because of our band, because he only started doing LOTS of drugs when we became a bit popular. True story.

now WHERE have i heard this story before!?!?!?

sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
Quote by seemeel

Did he also pour beer on the bass player's guitar?
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

once i had an aquantence get angry at me and tried to blackmail me because of it. i told my friend who was building a band not to let him in because he lacks any kind of motivation and when he was filling in as a bassist in my other band he forgot about practices/gigs all the time due to him being totally f*cked by drugs.
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
I lost my best friend when my first band broke up. We aren't angry at each other, just acquaintances now.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
Quote by KirkMetallica
Did he also pour beer on the bass player's guitar?

No, that was some blond kid called Dave Mustaine.

"And give a man an amplifier and a synthesizer, and he doesn't become whoever, you know. He doesn't become us."

Quote by seemeel
No, that was some blond kid called Dave Mustaine.

I'd call him slightly ginger
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Quote by mtforever
I lost my best friend when my first band broke up. We aren't angry at each other, just acquaintances now.

same here. you really notice the differences that before didnt matter. Shame
now extra flamey
I used to be in another band as well. We started off small but we got popular quite quickly actually. It was a long time ago, so probably none of you guys remember. Anyway, one of the guys was married, but he only married this girl because he knocked her up. Anyway, so after a while he had found this other lady, and she was older than all of us and frankly quite crazy. It was okay for a while but then she started to drag him down and he became a dick. It got to the stage where we couldn't be in the same room together or we'd just fight. It made recording difficult. Luckily, we didn't perform live much by that stage. On top of this, there were legal issues and financial shit going on, and it all became a mess. We finally through it in, but it all started with this crazy lady! She broke us up. What a bitch.

I convinced my friend to get drums and drum for us, he just couldn't handle the commitment and now we don't talk, save rarely, because i need to talk to his dad to order some CD's off of ebay for me
Just got a full time job, the work rota is currently being written and I'll find out my hours tomorrow. If the band is lucky, I will be working mornings or have my days off when we practice and when we have gigs. But I doubt that will co-incide.

Could cause some problems with the band if they're not willing to work around it. We'll see!
Myself and my drummer fell out for a while because I was a Band Nazi and he was a lazy git.

Then we both grew up.