Most of all Metal uses harmonic minor. Random band is for example Trivium
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
Quote by grizzli1994

lololol

Everything by Behemoth, check out Conquer All for a quick example. Zombie Ritual by Death has a real harmonic minor feel at the beginning.
Quote by grizzli1994

Shows how much metal you listen to...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
pointless thread is pointless.

TS...stop! Right now!

there's no point tryng to learn a load of random patterns to follow then trying to crowbar them into your chose genre, it doesn't work like that.

Scales are about SOUND , they're a group of notes that we know work together in a certain way. If you learn a scale you learn the notes it contains, the intervals it contains but above all you learn how it sounds. To get to grips with actually using that scale you have to listen to music and listen out for those same sounds that the scale contains. The major scale is our point of reference, it's what we're most used to and we pretty much identify everything else by how it differs from it. That means to learn anything in theory you first need to make sure you fully understand the basics of the major scale.

If you just ask for people to chuck a load of random scale names at you then look up the patterns you'll learn nothing of use. Take your time and allow yourself to actually understand things otherwise you'll just end up with a head full of random snippets of half-learned concepts that are seemingly unconnected.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com