anybody else noticed the difference in equalities between warhouse and office staff

example

warhouse worker is on his dinner break and gets asked to do something
the reply is "not now, im on break"

office worker is on break and gets asked to do something
the reply is "ok"

i work in an office and get constantly interupted during my dinner hour, i dont quite understand why its ok for the people in the warehouse to say "no, im on break" but if i say that my boss has a go at me.

any thoughts?
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
That's work for you, suck it up princess I have heaps of complaints about my place of work, but nobody will listen

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Have you even watched the Office US? The warehouse employees are much cooler than you guys
The corners of your mouth feel dry and rather itchy, don't they?

(oh god, I just noticed this one) Your penis is never quite comfortable in its current position.

oh btw:
manual blinking activated
Quote by Will-kun
Have you even watched the Office US? The warehouse employees are much cooler than you guys

that show sucks sooooooooooo much
the English version was waaaaay better.

ricky gervais was awesome in it
Quote by Metalmarathon
The concept of self-fulfilling prophecies never seem to occur to the ones that always create them.

Attic Green
My Band
at my job we are being given mandatory overtime.. every other weekend now... don't see the office people doing that...

don't get much of a work/life balance.. so... im on my break!
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Quote by ehlert99
at my job we are being given mandatory overtime.. every other weekend now... don't see the office people doing that...

don't get much of a work/life balance.. so... im on my break!

i guess its different at every place you go to,

here there is optional overtime that people say they are going to do then dont turn up and there are several different bonus's that people are on that office staff dont get

1. no mistakes bonus
2. full attendance bonus
3. keeping the warehouse tidy bonus
all of them add up to around £200 ($300)

to me that just seems to be what their wage should cover anyway, you shouldnt have to give out bonus's to get people to turn up on time and to not make mistakes....

but that could just be my opinion
Quote by Metalmarathon

Attic Green
My Band
Well I used to work in a warehouse. And when someone would interrupt me I'd tell em where to shove their request.

Now I work in a web design office, and when someone interrupts me I still tell them where to shove their request.

My break is my time, they don't pay for it, thus for 1 hour a day I do not work for them .

Made easier by the fact that I love my job, and it's easy, and my boss is also my buddy .
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
Quote by Ikey

Bad example to use, because they use that same scene in the American one as well, and I like the American scene better than that one.

EDIT: And I think I know why, the blonde guy on the British Office is just boring compared to the guy who plays the same type of character on the American Office and that scene is all about his reaction to his stapler in the jello. Just my opinion though.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jun 8, 2010,
Quote by Dave Frenzy
that show sucks sooooooooooo much
the English version was waaaaay better.

ricky gervais was awesome in it

The American version is an abomination. Britain is for comedy, America is for drama. That's the way it's been for millions of years. NBC don't know what they're messing with here, playing god and subverting nature like that.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by Dave Frenzy

warhouse worker is on his dinner break and gets asked to do something
the reply is "not now, im on break"

office worker is on break and gets asked to do something
the reply is "ok"

Here's your problem. Just say no.

Lrn2freewill.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Having worked in a factory. You damn well need the break and all the managers understand that because they are working just as hard physically as you.
I am me. Live with it.
I prefer the American 'The Office'. It has more obvious humour, which I like. The English version is more refined, but when I watch TV I just want laugh out loud jokes.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
I thought this was going to be about the awesomness of

R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.