For my Solo project i've uploaded a few demos to my Myspace and i was wonder if i could get some feedback on what people think of them so far? i'm in recording for the actual album at the moment but i thought i'd get some views of what people think so far.

it's not just Metal, i do have 3 short Ambient/Experimental songs on there but the first 4 are the main ones.

Any feedback is appreciated .

http://www.myspace.com/crimson267

Edit: And C4C of course .
Last edited by Afroboy267 at Jul 9, 2010,
yeah dude i dig it! i've been trying to do something like this for awhile and haven't got it yet. can't wait to hear some more man!
Cool, you should set something up, it's alot of work but great when you hear the results . You can add me if you have a MySpace account if you want, i'll be updating the page fairly regularly,recording takes its time though.
awesome stuff man. it has a very nordic vibe/sound. it makes me want to grab a shield, and ride a stallion into the dark descents of a forbidden forest.

i may be slightly exagerrating, but never the less, tis good music indeed
Not really thrash.

But definitely melodic death metal. This is a song I would buy!

It just needs vocals.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Jun 10, 2010,
There are some Thrash songs i have written for this project, i'm not entirely sure what genre to put myself in :s. i have a lot of Melodic Death Metal influences and the vocals will probably be that style too.

And thanks . i will be adding vocals in the main recordings aswell as solos and less mistakes.
And what are you using for drums?

Is it EZdrummer? Sounds like it. I recommend upgrading to Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry, or get Addictive Drums/Steven Slate. They sound much better then EZdrummer IMO.
i am using EZDrummer Drumkit From Hell atm, the kick drums suck. i'll check out Superior Drummer w/ Metal Foundry. Thanks.#

Edit: Christ, Superior Drummer is expensive! i'm not sure i can afford that. i'll stick with EZDrummer DFH for now, i'll keep it in mind though.
Last edited by Afroboy267 at Jun 10, 2010,
My friend is getting Superior Drummer 2.0 soon so i can probably take my Midi files round to him. Steven Slate drums are amazing, this demo is really good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvbxbsUeIhY
Quote by Random3
I like the drum sound, and the riffing is nice and tight as it should be. Also liking the guitar tone. One of the riffs in the second half of Transhuman Submission is awesome

The Drums will be alot better on the actual recordings but cool, thanks

Quote by sambot12
I listened to the first one on there, and it was really good. I like the riffs, but I would take out the first 7 measures of drums before the guitar comes in, it was really boring right there, but the rest of the song was pretty sweet.

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1325847

i personally think the drum intro fits and works well, but thanks for the opinion.

Sure, i'll do c4c .
Awesome shiz dude =p

Epic proportions of metal for your ears - love it xD

Just wait till you've got SD with TMF man... those beats will be kickkkkingggg asss ^_^

Mikeyprs
Very nice tracks. Enjoying these very much. Bring up the midrange of your guitars! They need more power! Can't wait for rerecordings with new drums!
Cool thanks . i'm going for a more scooped, thrashy sound for the guitars but i'll experiment and see what i can do, thanks for the advice.

And yes! This MySpace page will be the main place for all my tracks and when they're properally recorded they'll be on there .
I listened to the first couple songs you had up on myspace.
My immediate thought is (like stated above) bring them guitars forward! :P Your riffing is great, melodies and solos are good too, I like the drums on some parts, but now and then they sound clustered in a way, if that makes sense (could be just me haha). What I think you should work on though is add some vibrato to your melodies and the long notes, it would make a world of difference. And if I'm going to be really picky, try to make it more fluent when you play those runs and semi-fast solos, it sounds (to me) like you're struggling. Even though you might not be haha! :P

But overall they are some very good tracks, so keep em coming =D
I really like what you're doing man. You have an amazing sense of theme and melody. I never feel as if there's a boring moment. The guitars switch off having the melody and the transitions are really solid. This is awesome stuff, you need to start playing this stuff live ASAP.

I have to warn you about the name, there will be lots of confusion if you keep using it. There is a band called King Crimson that everyone refers to as "Crimson". So if you use that name, keep in mind that people may show up at your concerts disappointed. As they may have thought their friend was telling them they were going to see "King Crimson".
Thanks alot. There are problems with playing this stuff live. You'd need to find a good drummer to play this stuff and someone who can sing and play the guitar and vocal parts together. i'm more of a recording and composing person that performing tbh, hopefully i'll bring these songs into a band in the future.

i've thought about the name, i took it from Edge of Sanity's album called Crimson, which is a big influence on me (and will be on my next album ). i've never heard of someone calling King Crimson simply 'Crimson' but i don't know how far i'm going with this project.

Thanks for the tips anywho, just me expressing myself .
Thanks a lot for the detailed crit! Very appreciated!

I like the Crystal Clear track when the song takes off. It has a great pace, and is melodic at times and thrashier at others. I think you did a good job of using different scales and themes throughout the song. I really like the riff that kicks in at 3:17. The harmonized version afterward is a nice touch. I like the little leads here and there, if I had to make a suggestion I'd say the longer notes could use a wider vibrato, but that's all. The production is pretty good, I think the tones are really nice, and the drums sound good to me.

Cool drum intro on Transhuman, sounds like DFK
I like all the layers of guitars that you use to create your riffs. You do a good job of using rhythm and lead to complement each other. The result is like the first song, a track that has a good flow to it, with smooth transitions. I really like the thrashier part of this one that kicks in before the 3 minute mark. The riff at 3:12 sounds like Iced Earth to me, great work!

I enjoyed both songs a lot, I think Crystal was overall stronger, but Transhuman really picked it up at the end. Great work, and I hope you have success with your projects!
Quote by Afroboy267
i personally think the drum intro fits and works well, but thanks for the opinion.

Yeah man it's up to you, but I was thinking it would sound pretty cool with just one measure of drums and then it goes into it so there's little/no downtime.
Quote by supralightning
Thanks a lot for the detailed crit! Very appreciated!

I like the Crystal Clear track when the song takes off. It has a great pace, and is melodic at times and thrashier at others. I think you did a good job of using different scales and themes throughout the song. I really like the riff that kicks in at 3:17. The harmonized version afterward is a nice touch. I like the little leads here and there, if I had to make a suggestion I'd say the longer notes could use a wider vibrato, but that's all. The production is pretty good, I think the tones are really nice, and the drums sound good to me.

Cool drum intro on Transhuman, sounds like DFK
I like all the layers of guitars that you use to create your riffs. You do a good job of using rhythm and lead to complement each other. The result is like the first song, a track that has a good flow to it, with smooth transitions. I really like the thrashier part of this one that kicks in before the 3 minute mark. The riff at 3:12 sounds like Iced Earth to me, great work!

I enjoyed both songs a lot, I think Crystal was overall stronger, but Transhuman really picked it up at the end. Great work, and I hope you have success with your projects!

A couple of people have mentioned about the vibrato. i'll definatly try it, i haven't really practised it until now tbh.

Yeah, the riff at 3:17 in Crystal Clear is where the solos are going to be, they'll be there on the proper recordings .